Whats Up With American Culture?

Discussion in 'General' started by MunchiesMan78, Jun 25, 2014.

1. I love this country. Despite all of it's bad problems, it's still one of the greatest countires on earth. We should all be lucky and grateful that we were born here and not in a third world shit hole like mexico or Iraq (which is completley being taken over by militants now lol). But what's wrong with our culture nowadays? Sorry if I sound like an old guy preaching about how the old times were better (which im not), but I'm just trying to make a point here. I mean, this country is more divided than ever. Have we ever been this divided before?

You have democrats constantly attacking republicans and vise versa. The parties are more focused on winning and their own party than the people and unity. We can still have political parties, but do they have to constantly attack each other and fight each other? Were the people ever willing to cooperate despite their differences? Because they certainly cannot nowadays.

And then you have the race problem. Some african americans dont like whites and vise versa. Why though? Why is racism still around after all these years? We also have so many gun deaths per year. I don't think it's because of guns, but rather our culture. I think our culture is a little messed up here in the US. But who can blame us? There are more people that distrust our government than ever before, the media is getting worse, and the people are divided. It's sad but true. And everything becomes a party issue too. For instance, why is legalization, gay marriage, or climate change a party issue? Sorry if this seemed like a rant, I wasn't trying to. Im not mad really, just scratching my head, wondering whats going on. What are your problems with american culture?

TLDR- Murica is all fucked up and it's getting bad now

2. Democrats vs Republicans.... Left Wing vs Right Wing... Don't you know both wings are flown by the same bird?

3. #3 OscarZetaAcosta, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Compared to what "Old times?"

Shit has always been fucked up, our rights have pretty much been under attack in this country since the 60's...And if you want to go crazy you can even say it started long before that.  I mean, we had The Old West, right? 

It has always been fucked...That's why I'm still fuckin' here. :cool:

4. Lol you should of read more clearly. I did say that I was never reffering to any "old times" whatsoever. Just stating my opinion that things are a little worse now...

5. #6 Kermitfrg, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    You are the culture my friend :smoke:  We are all an integral part of it!

Culture is always changing though...I believe.

Even though I am not American I can relate, Canada aint so different.

And you know what I realized man?

That you choose how you perceive things; do not let the media or other instruments of mass communication say how you feel. I remember Bill Hicks talking about how when you open the news on tv it is always about war, famine, corruption, war, famine, disaster, murder, war...etc.! With fear as a leverage, we are being controlled.

Stay in positivity, work hard in what you believe in, and keep an open heart  :yay: . Try changing your culture, and as you build up yourself in confidence, hopefully you might influence a few!

6. Too many laws. Not enough common sense.We have painted ourself's into a corner.
    We have the media that's polorizing the people into your either this or that all you  have to do is repeat something enough and the people will follow like sheep.  

7. Ya I believe we were divided more in the past. Was this thing called slavery and the civil war, Ya remember?

Also hard to have a culture, when America is made of many cultures.

And Mexico a third world shit hole?

You cereal bro?

8. Everyone thinks thier country is the best lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Our problem is the older generations are holding on very very tight to old ideals. Babies are having babies not teaching em anything abt culture. Thus leading to crap music, crap movies, crap everything because they dnt kno any better.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. they thought the Beatles were lame and for kids when they first came out. One direction is the same way.

Jk

11. #13 Viral Frog, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    I really hate America. Sure it has a few things going for it but I'd rather be a Canadian.

The worst thing about America is the other Americans. Most of them dumber than a box of rocks.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. It's clear you've never been to Mexico. It might be shit but there's plenty of good places and it's way better than most other third word countries.

13. I am the problem with American culture. I am also a problem with Grass City culture.

14. I remember Michael Moore pointing out the differences between American and Canadian cultures in the movie Bowling for Columbine. The 6 oclock news in Canda has NO VIOLENCE. People leave their doors unlocked when they leave the house. No buglaries. Is that true?

The sun is setting on The American Empire and we see the evidence for this all over. Everything has a life-span, including nations and  civilizations. They eventually deteriorate and there isn't a damned thing anybody can do about it. Like many other great empires, much of America's demise is caused by getting involved in never-ending foreign wars -- a suicidal practice that cannot be sustained.

BTW, why is Iraq "a third-world shithole"? Who destroyed it?

16. #18 LoveisKind, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    I totally agree. As the old saying goes, "Nothing lasts forever." America as a whole has dwindled. More people are less prone to work hard because the benefits aren't worth what they used to be anymore. Even people that sold weed/possessed weed had their lives fucked up and can't even get a decent job though they are trying hard. Which is the reason why many resort back to their old habits. We have lousy health care for a developed country and we shipped jobs overseas and abandoned the ways we used to build things on our own as a prospering country. Illegals are flooding here (even criminals). I would have to say the Vietnam War was the start of the U.S.'s downfall. It took decades, but now, everything is a hot mess. I'm not pushing a political agenda to say one sole person is at fault because these issues have been happening for the longest time, it's just that these issues haven't been addressed until it has gone to the point of no return.

17. #19 LoveisKind, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    That's where you are wrong. American's aren't just one kind of people. There are many ethnicities of various people that show characteristics of hard work and dedication. Unfortunately, the 'Merica filled with stupidity and incompetence is what streams the radios, tvs, and culture as a whole. Trust that there are people that are better than this. I am sure the same can be said about Canada and I am sure there are things about Canada that isn't picture perfect.