What's Up from Santa Barbara

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DaBowskii, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Hey all just saying that I am a new medicinal patient and student in Santa Barbara!

2. Welcome, UCSB or SBCC?

3. Holla Man. I am an SBCC student actually. I don't think I'll be going to UCSB as I had planned. instead I will be transferring to UCSD in just over a year to focus on starting a collective. Are you in the Isla Vista area as well?

4. What's up? I'm living in Goleta at the moment but still an IV kid at heart. :love:

5. Haha I'm from the east coast, but I have a friend from Santa Barbara, he's a bro

6. Nice, i live up in SLO but go to Davis. I have been thinking about transferring to SB, but my fraternity doens't have a chapter there so that's all that's keeping me north i guess :cool:

7. Haha wdup mann, and welcome to grass city haha
    Santa Barbara HALLOWEEENS are always the shit to do when you hit 18 :)

8. Haha word. IV is still looking good, even though the DEA just rolled through and busted someone on my block for trafficking ecstasy. Makes me feel a lot safer that I'm just growing legal buds :smoking:

Good stuff man. I'm actually going to rush down here next week when the quarter starts-up. My buddy Brian in SAE @ UCDavis is doing just about the opposite of what you're doing; coming down here since his frat is not active for at least a few quarters.

9. Haha is he a 2nd year, cuz i think i know who you are talking about. Ya those guys stole one of my brother's bikes the same weekend they got put on probation, they were all drunk and of course lookin for trouble and we were partying at one of our bro's place, which is next door to their house. Well long story short, we officially hate them and they aren't going to be around for awhile.

10. Yeah dude, if you live anywhere near Sabado or DP you're probably talking about an acquiantance of mine. Superrrrrrrrr shitty.

11. Yep! SD guy and a second year, I bet you know Brian! Yeah sorry to hear about the bad blood, but I know my buddy is trying to get outta there anyway .

I promise not get dunk and steal your bikes though, even if I'm blacked out. :cool:

12. Haha I live on 'wheat' street. I would say Sab-ado is def. the high output street. unfortunately the bust happened at my neighbors house on my street. here is the link Two Arrested for Ecstasy Sales - Santa Barbara Edhat with some incorrect details, seems the DEA didn't let the publication know how many boats were found in the house... uhhh^^^^

13. Yo man ! SB Halloween is a great time for sure, total shitshow though IMO. Thanks for the welcome GC!

14. I'm kinda thinking about going to Santa Barbara for college. I've heard it's just a great place to live. What's your opinion on it?

15. #15 Meursault, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
    Yep, that's the guy I was talking about. I never realized his address was technically on embarcadero, since it's on a corner lol. He's a good guy and he definitely doesn't deserve this. That's all I'll say.

16. Fuck yeah! Santa barbara is where it's at. Beautiful city. Beautiful girls. Beautiful nature.

UCSB has the parties on lockdown.

17. Santa Barbara is a really sick place to go school. it's rare to see someone older than 25 that is not a professor or a retail worker. The only problem is that you will want to do everything but school. On the big weekends I would consider it near-anarchy in the streets people hammered walking around on Del Playa. If you have a car or know someone with a car you can see some amazing natural features and historical landmarks.

Women here are almost as plentiful as they are beautiful but not gonna lie there is a certain realization of others' smug that can make or break living in Santa Barbara for many. Life up here is not perfect, but it's pretty damn good for college.

18. Ya you guys don't have to deal with the off-season BS the cops give us locals haha it's like they wait til summer just to bust everyone for everything, since they don't do it often when school's in session and all

19. Actually we get some pretty serious 'bows' on us from the locals. My buddy was illegally searched on Del Playa last summer and it took a pro-bono from a nice local lawyer looking to 'call-out' this specific cop for very controversial arrests and searches.

20. Hm, alright thanks man. It's good to get the opinion of someone who lives there.