what's the point of the death penalty?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Twee, Nov 13, 2011.

1. i dont tell people not to kill, but there is a consequence to everything. the good, the bad and the ugly. most dont understand what it takes to kill a person and the toll it takes on you.
    justifiable? they've decided to take a life/lives or a chlid's innocence, so they should be prepared to lose their's.
    the ghandi quote, he end atleast, seems more of a moral standing that killing = evil.
    that is a fucked up justice system for you.

2. I guarantee that if we start mutilating convicted pedophiles on national tv, underage rape will drop significantly. Do you disagree?

It's not going to teach dead people, obviously, it'll prevent the living from joining the dead too soon.

Population is getting too big, let's cull the problem ones. Nature used to do it, we stopped it, it's causing massive problems, either let nature do it's job, or suffer the consequences of not culling a population.

In a fish tank, the human would 'cull' aggressive or sick, to PROTECT the rest. But if you save every fucking one, you got massive problems of disease and aggression.

3. #23 Mogwai, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    The thing is it's not your place to decide who are "problem ones". In my opinion, it's not our place at all to take certain matters into our own hands. Killing another human being is one of those matters.. regardless. Two wrongs don't make a right. You can argue all day "it helps society" but how does it do this? One less person in the population? Big fucking deal. And nature still does its job at killing people.. but nature NEVER acted on people who committed acts of violence against another.. So I don't get what you mean when you say "let nature do it's job" or that we "stopped it".. because it was never carrying out capitol punishment to begin with '_-.

And you don't kill an aggressive or a sick fish if you give a fuck about them. My mom is really into fish and has been for a while and she hasn't ever done this. If a fish isn't working in one tank, she removes them and puts them in another tank. Either to stop them from hurting other fish or spreading a disease. That makes a whole lot more sense.

And no, I do not agree that barbaric public killings will deter violence. They've been done before and violence continued. But you'll persist on your unsound logic.. But like I said earlier, if you really believe it.. what exactly have you done to earn your stay in humanity? Why shouldn't you off yourself? Because fuck, population is still rising.

4. to me thats the same logic that keeps goverments from legalizing marijuana. "Why legalize it we dont want to get more people get addicted to this evil gateway drug!11"

fact is that there is not more crime in countries that have no death penalty. do you think people acutally think about what charges they might get when they KILL someone? do you think somebody will be like "Oh its only 25 to life to kill someone? Im gonna kill my neighbour hes been annoying me all year!" :rolleyes:

5. Serial rapists, Especially child rapists deserve to be killed and taken from existence.

Whether that makes your stomach churn or not its real.

If you kill one person maybe not, But if you hack your family to death with a machete you deserve to be taken from existence.

6. Hospitals are the biggest downfall of man.

7. [​IMG]

Argument gets shot down, resort to trolling

8. The purpose of the death penalty is to improve the gene pool.

9. If that were the case wouldn't it be better to simply surgically prevent the offender from reproducing?

10. That sounds more expensive.

11. Should money be that important when deciding the fate of human lives? And since we have so many procedures to follow when executing, I don't think it would be much more expensive to do the surgery. Hell, it could even be cheaper.

But then again I'm pretty sure doing something like that would also be considered inhumane and we couldn't do it

12. pretty sure it would be cheaper to do so

13. #33 myoung7189, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011

:smoke:

Edit: Forgot to leave a link to this article.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-03-07-exepensive-to-execute_N.htm

14. I'm actually just fucking around. I don't support the death penalty.

Should $paper$ be important when deciding the fate of human lives?

Ask American pharmaceutical companies.

15. Because they don't wanna keep murderers and rapist alive because it cost the govt a shitload of money to keep alive, it's cheaper for them to disappear , but then again they could just sneak into their cell at night and quietly and desvretly kill them so maby it's not a good theory .

16. It's always a good idea to read the last couple posts before you so you know what you're talking about.

17. Or to make it more interesting, anyone who murdered someone should die the same way so they can feel their victims pain.

18. I think spending the rest of my life in a boring jail would be much worse then death.
    I guess it's just personal, but I'd rather see someone who murdered someone I know rot in jail then being put to rest forever.

19. How many people released from prison are actually rehabilitated? Prison just makes criminals better criminals.

20. I don't know man, Texas will kill you no matter what you do lol murder or candy bar theft, they love killing people. Just watch the news.

On a serious note,

I don't understand the point either. I understand people do horrible (brtual) things but what do we get out of killing them in return? Isn't a life time of suffering and remorse a lot more satisfying to the victims' family? I know some murderers have no remorse but being in prison for life can crush a persons soul. Instant death sounds like you're getting off easy. This make sense? I'm pretty high right now lol