What's the point of drying the bud?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Beentoken, Feb 15, 2011.

1. This may sound stupid but i've been wondering, why do you have to dry the bud?

2. If you dont dry the bud will have a high moister content which causes mold and makes it smoke real harsh,its hard to light i guess...

3. here's a scientific experiment for you to try: Next time you roll one up, dunk it in a glass of water right before you light it up.

post the results so we all can learn.

lol, water and fire don't mix well.

4. basically as sarcastically said, its too wet mate & it would be like sucking on a poltice, plus as it dries it also gets stronger smokes smoother and if ,when dry,you put it in mason jars you then cure it by opening the jars every day or 2nd day,whatever. this means you can keep weed for months/years;)

hope this helps you understand why its best to dry it before you smoke it:)

peace.............................:smoke:

5. really,does weed last that long after curing it properly??

about to be first time grower here and trying to soak up as much info on here as i can:D

6. You have obviously never tried to smoke a bud off of a fresh plant... it's damn near impossible. it taste shitty, harsh, and only crisps. it will not burn.

although this was meant to be a joke, it's right on the money. fresh MJ is even wetter than submerging your bag of weed in the bathtub.

there is a whole forum dedicated to drying and curing. lots of good info there. this is pretty much the cliff notes version.

yes, properly cured and stored MJ can last 5-10 years, even more if stored properly. Think of it like a fine wine. It doesnt go bad until you expose it to the wrong conditions.

7. yes, properly cured and stored MJ can last 5-10 years, even more if stored properly. Think of it like a fine wine. It doesnt go bad until you expose it to the wrong conditions.[/QUOTE]

so basically if i want to keep it lets say for 6 months or so i just leave it in the jar?

is it that simple or am i missing something?

8. yes, but it must be dried and cured properly before just "leaving it in the jar".

Once cured, keep it in an airtight jar in the dark and it will last an eon.

9. it doesnt have to be cured, just dry. but it sure helps when your smoking it:smoke:

10. if you dont cure it, then the chlorophyll will not break down properly and it will not last nearly as long in storage.

11. true but if you get uncured weed you can cure it yourself.