Whats the penalty for growing in Michigan?

Discussion in 'General' started by talos4, Mar 18, 2007.

1. I know the penalty for growing this evil plant in Michigan is 4 years in jail or 20,000 dollar fine if your growing less than 20 plants. I also know Michigan has conditional release. So if its your first offense, whats the normal mess you go through?

2. Too much.

Michigan laws suck unless you live in Ann Arbor.

I grew a couple times before, And was mad paranoid every fucking day. I dont want to say more because who knows when ill grow again.

3. Ya i found that page too, but thats maximum penalties. I was wondering if anyone has gotten busted for growing in MI and what the penalty was.

4. If you get caught with less then 20 plants, You'll do more then a year, Trust.

Its nice having the free smoke, But the paranoia controlled me. Too many close calls and making exscues to hide plants so that i wouldnt get busted.

Id rather pay the $110-120 a oz for high mids i pay then grow these days.

5. Not always that cheap up north :( If I did a closet grow, I'd still be paranoid, but I'd probably feel safer doing than that dealing with some of the punks I do every/every other day.

I still want to throw one or two outdoors this year, start 'em just for a month or two inside... not even check them and just let nature do it's work, maybe just add fertz one or twice... if they're still around at the end of the year, then hey, some free buds. Hell, I basically live in the woods anyway.

6. If I was gonna grow in any state in the U.s it would have to Ohio there laws are so lax http://norml.com/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4557 100-200 grams of cultivation is 6-12 months while less than 100 grams is no more than 30 days. I call Ohio the US's safe Haven I will be deffinately moving there.

7. I think they inculde the weight of the plant for those mesurements, not just the bud.

8. Naahhh, they measure everything when they determine the weight. Ohio isnt lax, give Maine a look. I think its one of the best if not THE best in terms of sentencing. Then Rhode ISland being on the opposite end with all those harsh ass MMS! Crazy that Rhode Island recently became the 11th state to pass MMJ. Perhaps its time to revise their laws??

9. Check out Alaska:

Possession of less than 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution's right to privacy (See Ravin v. Alaska). Possession of 25 or more marijuana plants is “Misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth degree” and is punishable by a fine of up to $50,000 or five years in prison.

http://norml.com/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4522

10. Yeah Alaka is the shit! But for me being from RI, it was an easier move north to Maine.;)

11. What the fuck is wrong with America? Ya I know it's too much to list. But it's ridiculous that the state laws are so different. Why doesn't the government make up it's mind how evil this plant is and stick to it? I mean I know it's killed a grand total of about ZERO people in 4,ooo years of history, while alchohol kills 80,000 a year, cigs kill 450,000 a year, asprin kills 2,500, and prescription drugs kill 30,000. Gee, it just occured to me, could this harmless benificial plant be illegal for greedy political reasons? :eek: Guess I'll forget growing till I move. That way, I really can bring the illegal crap and other people into it by buying it, instead of having it be my own private business.

12. Ann Arbor is pretty lax on growing even. City Charter says "whether growing or not" the punishment will be the same. And it gives no specifics to the amount or anything.