Whats the latest time youve cut clones from flowering plats?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Picks, Dec 10, 2011.

1. that looks very good badkitty,
    1; can you tell us what lights you use.
    2; how you take your clones.
    3; what nutes you use at the start of cloneing.
    4; how long a clone do you take.

thank you
    Middy

2. ...well it worked fine. I took the cutting a week before harvest - def took a while to revert and get roots but it's fine now. Currently its in a one gallone waiting to be transplanted to a three gallon. It is more branchy than the mom but I don't know how much I care about that because I usually lolipop the lowers anyways.

I'm glad I got to save that strain because it was pretty decent stuff.

My set up is pretty dialed in to my enviro and allows me to harvest every month- so I don't think I'll be changing when I take my clones - but it is nice to know whenever I find a keeper that I want to run through a few more cycles I have this method available.

Thanks for all the replies

3. #23 fearnoevil, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    You are an IDIOT!!!  WTF is wrong with assholes like you?  Do some research and you'll find LOTS of info, just UTFSE or the Google if you're too lazy.  There is a TON of info on folks doing just that, TAKING CLONES DURING FLOWERING, you ultra-maroon.  People like you make me sick, get over yourself, do you think you know EVERYTHING there is to know about growing MJ, are you some horticulturual GOD that we should be listening to your lame advice over the experience of several posters just in this post alone.  Go to many other forums/sites and you'll find information on the subject, including some who are EXPERTS who KNOW that taking clones during flowering can be a BIG ADVANTAGE.  So Left Nut, if you don't have anything to contribute towards answering the OP's question then fuck off!

Please make your points without the insults-PF

EDIT: Yes, you're right, reading it agaiin I come off as pretty dickish, sorry, but I think I was drinking that night, and I can sometimes let my temper get the better of me.  But my Mama did raise me better than that so I will try to do better in the future ;?D

4. This thread and that post are over 2 1/2 years old. Who's the "ultra-maroon" now?

5. #25 fearnoevil, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    More bad advice.  SO you think that taking clones while flowering is just too hard and not the prim and proper way to do it, and then you have the nerve to bring up something so advanced and technically difficult as tissue culturing, hah you really are a knucklehead!  :angry:.

Cloning in flower at any stage is possible, I like 3-4 weeks but know peeps who do it earlier, some later.  Taking clones during flower allows you to take advantage of natural changes in the nodal development hormones which occurs during this stage the growth cycle.  This increases branching and can give you very bushy plants great for taking more clones or growing into monsters as you choose.  So do some homework before giving out bad advice to others and discouraging them from trying a very useful tech and a great tool to have in your arsenal to grow GREAT WEED!. Just because you don't or can't do it successfully doesn't mean it isn't being done by others with more skills and knowledge then you.   Nuff said!

P.S. Hey Wacko, it doesn't matter how old a post is.  As long as it's available through TFSE then it's a source of knowledge for others to learn from.  And BAD information doesn't do anyone any good and can actually hurt beginners and others by discouraging them from trying a technique that is a great tool to have.  I  personally get sick and tired of people spreading disinformation, spouting opinions as if they were fact carved in stone.  Kidney stoner here obviously didn't have much if any first hand XP on the subject but then states his totally subjective OP and essentially dissing the original poster in the process. Justice had to be done ;?D

PPS. Just read Bad Kitty's post and that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about, great useful information ;?D

6. You should be able to take cuttings pretty far into flower, I waited too long because of being busy all the time and had to cut clones about 3-4 weeks into flower once, they still rooted and grew fine, there were 4 at the time, they all survived and it made it through harvest without any issue. The only thing Ive seen that's odd when you take clones in flower is the base of the vegging plant after its been planted will have weird leaves with rounded edges instead of fan leaves, give it a week or so and normal leaves start again, its a wierd genetic thing I think.

7. 5Weeks in

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. It took a long time to reveg but it reveged into an amazing better plant

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #29 Ragnor, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
    You can take cuttings up to the day of harvest.
    The further along in flowering they are the longer they will take to root and the less likely they are to recover.
    Some strains root and recover easily, others are nearly impossible.
    It can take months for the plant to resume normal growth and when they do you will have a mess of branches like you've never seen before.

The bud leaves will just all unfurl and when you start to see vertical growth you know that the project will be succesful as long as you have a clean enviroment.
     Not lab clean, just no root fungis etc.

Plants from outdoors will be much more difficult due to infections present in the natural environment during cutting.

I have never had a plant hermie from this operation, ever.
    I have done it many times when I decided I should have cloned a particular plant or I lost or failed to label other cuttings.

I have literally rooted cutting from plants I was harvesting and had them recover.
    But earlier is always better.

10. I just took some 5 weeks and they rooted in a week in the bubble cloner but took a month+ to reveg..doing good though glad i took em

11. Just wanted to add that I took a couple of dozen clones off a friends crop that were about 6 wks in and did end up with some issues.  It may have been due to the strain, the mothers were a sativa, Blue Dream, but while 18 out of the 24 did survive, 13 had those wierded out leaves, lots of singles and twisted, looked like basil, lol, and took quite a while to grow beyond that stage.  Plus 3 stayed stunted dwarves, real bonzai looking fuckers, never got taller than 3" and were a very dark green color.  Seriously strange.  After 4 weeks I pulled one up suspecting that they were really mostly dead, but it had a GREAT root system, so go figure :confused:  Couple more weeks and I gave up and chucked em - I probably should have kept the other 2 just to see if they would ever get back to normal, oh well ;?D