whats the difference between love and infactuation?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by grass man420, Nov 15, 2011.

1. take a wild guess:rolleyes:

2. I'm wondering if it's an old or new relationship you're engaging in. And if it's new, why are you wondering about infatuation/love?

3. new. and because i don't know much about these feelings lol

4. New huh... You don't have to worry about these feelings, then. Let the relationship develop before you let these things cross your mind. You will come to understand the difference with time. Best of luck on your future love endeavors. And remember, she's always right.

5. always?

6. Except for when she's wrong, but even then she's right. It's the defect of all women.

7. I agree with this.

I think the distinguishing factor is time. You can be completely infatuated with someone within days, but you need to go through things with one another, great and terrible times together, in order to love someone.

8. ahh i see how it is, shes right ;) ALL the time lol
    this makes most sense only difference i can make out is that love is just after a longer period of time, and infatuation isn't as long, more or less this seems to be the jist of it :rolleyes:

9. [quote name='"grass man420"']what is the difference between love and infactuation? what is love anyways? what makes one "fall" in love? plz help me distinguish between the two, its very important.:hello: personal experiences are preferable[/quote]

was wondering the same thing myself last week so i looked it up. i think it was wikipedia that said infatuation has to do with thinking of the person unrealiatically, and blind desire.

"falling in love" is different for different people. some people say it to mean they like fucking the person. other people might mean theyre really infatuated. others might mean they have a strong committed relationship. still others might mean they want to marry them. its really subjective, that phrase, to the point where it doesn't really mean much, except that they like the person in a sexual/romantic sense, beyond that who knows.

and as to what makes one fall in love, according to http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/polepino/Chapter11/Biochemistryoflove.html the answer is amphetamines... nothing fucked up about that. an interesting article, and one with implications for how you should handle romantic situations.

10. thanks for an interesting read :p