What's the crack

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fatty, Jul 27, 2006.

1. High fellow Stoners/Growers

I am in the middle of 2 tries with Nirvana First try 5 Nirvana Special beans 1 germed after 12 daze pretty poor i think. It's been 5 weeks vegging he looks a bit stunted hey?

This i put down to me screwin up the nutes & ph and maybe some lighting & heat stress.

Is it bad to take a plant from under a 400 hps and stick it under some flors for a few hours? i did this 2 times while workin on the cab.

The water i use bottled has a ph of like 9 i guess as it's darker than the darker color on the ph scale, i hadn't realized that till 2 weeks ago

I was giving it like 2 ml biobizz veg / 1l water but stopped for 1 week now and only give 6/6.5 ph water.

The water bottle tells me there is 3.7 mg per litre of Mag. (Chlorine is 15.6) (potasium is 8.3) (sulfates 3.8) (Sìlice what ever that is it is spanish 31.2) i live on an island that desalinates the sea water so i have to use bottled water.

Is the mag enough?

i have another bagseed grow on that has had high ph all along till 2 weeks ago and they look like shit the bud photo. Other than high ph i don´t think they had nute burn early on 4th week veg but came around and since flower 12/12 Biobizz bloom 4 mg per l since having ph tester i have noticed that the ph comes down a little with the bloom but not the biobizz veg

Could what you see on the leaves be a mag deficiency?

They never showed this until about 2.5 weeks ago; now 7 weeks into flower.

Really concerned about the young ones i thought a bit of history of the last grow could help catch any other problems i might have goin on early.

The tips of the leaves on the young one are browning as well as the discoleration you can see.

Any ideas would be helpful as hopefully it's a girl and it looks like a real stocky pheno to me. I would like to clone and work with her in the future. She really had nice side branches from the start and in this respect looks like good genes but i don't really have that much experience been 8 years since my last grow and i have forgotten heaps of what little i knew.

2nd Nirvana try 10 White Rhino 3 daze in ph balenced water in paper towels bout 1/2 cracked then put all in ph bal organic soil in white cups with clear cups to make a dome and now 17 daze total and nothing WTF???

They were under the hps 400 for 14 daze could that really cause a prob? i took off the clear cups for at least 1.5 hours a day twice a day and added water with eyedropper as needed.

Well thanks for being here hope someone can help.

Peace :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Hey man.
    Plants don't look too bad. Your first photo looks to me like the plant needs N. The second pic looks like it needs Epsom salt from Magnesium deficiency. Third pic is bad ph problems. For the first two plants I would give both the Nitrogen and Epsom salt and flowering one check the trichs. If trichs are ready or almost ready I would not do anything about it. Since the correct soil ph is around 6.3-6.8 you might need to get some ph downer to keep the water within those limits. I don't think moving back and forth from hps to cfl will cause that much stress because I have done that many times with a wide variety of different strains and no problems. They also do not look overly stunted to me so I think they are fine. Oh and I once had an unimpressive germ rate from the free seeds I got from Nirvana but, the paid for ones were fine.

3. I am gonna try to find some nitrogen and epsom salt today.

You really think they are ready for more nutes? The tips if the leaves are burnt and i thought this was a high nute prob. The first 2 photos are the same plant.

When i find it how much should i use, and will this be something i will have to use every watering.

I have a ph down that i have been using to get a good ph

The budding plant is in it's 7th week of flower i have given it nothing but ph balanced water for the last 2 weeks and will stick to that, she is almost ready to harvest.

Yesterday i bought and started to germ some Dutch Passion Flo hoping for some nice tasting bud with an Uplifting & Creative High :D

Thanks & Peace

4. When was your last over-fert problem?
    Take a look at the lower leaves on the first picture. They are yellow from lack of nitrogen. Not much but, a little. It depends what type of fertilizer you get. If you get some Miricle Grow fertilizer such as 20-20-20, you should use half of what the directions on the back of the box say. You will give it once a week or maybe every other week. The other liquid ferts could usually be given every watering to every other watering.

5. To be honest i don't really know if i had nute burn but 2 weeks ago after i watered with Bio Grow 8-2-6 the suggested amout 2/4 ml per litre water. By the next day the leaves starting deforming the edges got all wavey and started with the patches they were also pretty warm highs 95.

That is when i went and bought the ph tester and a cooltube.

The leaves were flatter and some new growth since i have only feed with ph balanced water and it's been cooler in there. Today the guy at the local grow shop gave me some powder (not epsom salt) sorry can't remember what it was but he told me to mix it 1 grm to 1 litre water and spray it on the leaves to help bring up the Mag. I also gave some light nutes maybe 1 ml for 1 l water.

Will this make the leaves that discolered get green again if these were my problems or will it just stop more discoloration?

Thanks for the help i wan't to save her (hope it's a girl) to me she looks really bushy close nodes and some Sativa traits maybe showing in the leaves. But i don't know shit does it look like a keeper to you?

Peace

6. First off, your temperature there is way to high. That can make the leaves twis and or discolor. Also, what type of PH meter did you get and what is the current PH reading? The discolored leaves will never heal back green, the discoloration will just subside and hopefully cease. Foliar spray them with what that guy gave you. If your top picture and second picture are the same plant, I would say you have an indica sativa mix. Check out this write up on identifying strain, from MJ expert Ed Rosenthal's book:

Indicas- these plants are fairly short, usually less than 5 feet tall. They are bushy with compact branching and short internodes. They range in shape from a rounded bush to a pine-like shape with a wide base. The leaves are short, very wide and a darker shade of green than most equatorial Sativas because they contain larger amounts of chlorophyll. Sometimes there is webbing between the leaflets. Indica buds are dense and tight. Indicas usually have shorter flowering times. The high is heavy body-oriented and lethargic.

Sativas- grow into 5-15 feet tall and are symmetrical pine-shaped plants. The internodes are longer than Indicas. This makes the plant look taller. The lowest branches are the widest spreading 1 1/2 to 3 feet. The leaves are long, slender and finger like. Plants are light green since they contain less chlorophyll. Sativa buds are not as dense. Some varieties grow buds along the entire branch. Sativas generally have longer flower times. High is described as soaring, psychedelic, thoughtful and spacey.

Indica Sativa- leans more towards indica characteristics

Sativa Indica- leans more towards Sativa.

Edit: P.S. Is your fertilizer on this page? http://laughingbuddhanursery.com/lbn1/organic_garden_supplies/ogs_bio_inoculants.asp If its that lawn fertilizer, it might not be great for them.

7. Well you can have a look at what the strain i planted Nirvana Special http://www.nirvana-shop.com/nirvana-special-p-83.html but lots of peeps talk about gettin diff. variations of pheno's fro Nirvana seeds. According to the strain description

Nirvana Special is a F1 hybrid of Jock Horror and a strain from Oaxaca, Mexico. Nirvana Special has a unique sweet and sour flavour that leaves mouths smacking. The buzz is energetic and uplifting. Nirvana Special grows tall and lanky with many budding sights.

Doesn't really sound like what i have growin, no strech there anyway i am looking foward to the results :smoking:

These are the ferts i am using not alot of info here but it is not meant lawns http://www.biobizz.nl/ That one for veg and there is another called Bio Bloom

Here are more specs from the bottle of Bio Grow

100% Organic

8-2-6

Nitrogen 8%
    Alum nitro 4%
    Phosphate 2%
    Potassium 6%
    Nitrate 4%

I think the temp ph & nutes are stabelized now the plants look much better :D :D :D

How often and for how long should i use the spray meant to up the mag?

Check the photos 4 daze after the first ones.

Thanks & Peace

Attached Files:

8. Looking good Fatty.
    I would stop foliar spraying when the problem has completely gone away. It does look much better though. Glad to be of assistance.

9. Been out of touch for a couple daze cause my HD fried what a drag. anyway she (hopefully) is lookin much better :D :hello: :D

Thanks for your interest and help will update with progress when i get the putor fixed in a few weeks.

Peace :smoking: