What's the best way you've quit a job?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by coreyheart, Jul 13, 2009.

1. For me it was my first job ever, by quitting through the Dairy Queen drivethru dissing everybody inside the place. Also when I left Home Depot I left a good deal of jeep rubber in their indoor drive thru lumberyard. Still have gotten my last paycheck...

2. I've only had one job, and I plan on keeping it until I find a new one. And when I do quit, it will be by turning in my two weeks' notice, because there's no point in being rude like that.

They were kind enough to employ you, so you turn around and insult everyone inside? That's low, man.

3. Don't burn bridges, you might need that place/person someday.

4. I was a waiter at this place I really hated so on my last night I rented a bear costume and ran into the restaurant, screaming and flipping shit over. It was so worth the cops showing up.

5. I never really walked out on a place accept at a shitty Pizza place.

I was really hungover from a dramamine trip and they called me up asking where I was I just straight up said I am not comming in and no longer want to work for you..

Went in and got my paychecks after also.

6. QFT. You never know who your old boss might know. Especially in certain careers which are so close knit that everyone in the field knows everyone else

7. Left hook. Right cross. Uppercut.

There were witnesses, and he threw the first swing.

:D

I don't advocate violence, but I am the son of many strong primate ancestors.

Do not challenge my inner monkey.;)

8. Not my story and It was a firing not a quit but its still worth sharing. My friend worked at a cell phone store and he had a major beef with one of the managers the entire time he worked there (like 3 months), One day he gets fired for clocking somebody in when they were running late. The manager who is an asshole walks up to him and tells him he's fired and to go out to his car and get the keys that he got when he worked there for the store.
    Friend (pissed off as fuck): No
    Manager: yes you will
    Friend: why is that?
    Manager: because if you want your last pay check you'll get those keys now
    *Friend starts walking out towards car to get the keys*
    Manager: Thats what I thought bitch
    (friend is on probation so sluging the guy isnt an option lol)
    The manager walks out to the car with him and continues to say snide shit.
    My friend opens his car door grabs the keys turns around and throws the fucking keys into bumfuck nowhere and says "who's the bitch now?" and leaves.

Didnt get his last paycheck so it wasnt the smartest thing but whatever.

9. it was at a lil pizza joint, it was my first job. i showed up to work one day in a really bad mood. ity ened up being under staff on a friday nigth. as soun as we got are first rush my boss like started gettting on edge cuz there waset enouf ppl working. then i messed up an order bye complete accedent and he fliped out. Keep in mind there was like 10-15 custermerz in the lobbie. So i turne around and was like" I quit, take this job and shuve it up your ass you fucking tool." As i walked out i told all the cuztermers in the lobbie that we hade mold in the fridge and we havent washed are pizza pans for the last 2 years. Half the ppl just got up and left.

10. shit i wish i had a job.

11. didnt come in one day. was gonna quit but they fired me before i could

12. Haha my old manager tried to fire me on a Friday when i was the only one with the cash register key so i said ok.... walked out with the key and turned off my phone and they had to call mangment to open my draw hahahaha, they even tired to hold my last check but i threatened to take them to court over it :rolleyes: haha it was great!

13. I was about to say the same thing man. That's mad fucked up to do.

Be a man, or a woman, do it legit.

14. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuBRk6tjiUQ"]YouTube - scarface quits his job[/ame]

15. Went to work with my neighbor who i hate
    he left me on the job site to go check out another job. my lunch is in the truck.
    comes back at like 2pm and my lunch is gone!!! and hes just been out doin nothing and didn't even come back to work just to see how it was going. I get hella pissed about my lunch missing and hes like i'll get u lunch get back to work this is my job and u need to finish it. I say your right it is your job and just walk off the job site. he follows me in his truck cryin for me to get in and go back to work and I just flip him off and keep walkin. then my homie who was working with us too comes running down the street to walk off the job with me lol. it was funny. then that night i went to his house with my strap and demanded he pay me my money for working from 8am-2pm which he wasn't trying to do till i lifted my shirt and said "you better fuckin pay me" lol he was sooooo scared plus he was a huge meth head so wouldn't be surprised if he was high too.

but i no longer condone any type of gun violence guys so excuse my younger self

16. Not my story either but my ex freind who is now dead to me worked at cumbys i always used to go in with him and get packs of ciggerettes when I was younger he got in trouble for scanning scratch tickets and he got fined for selling to minors was on the brink of getting fired one day their was a issue in the store and his boss was being a bitch about the whole thing so he said you no what fuck it he hung up on her wrote a note about how he quit (only worker in cumbys) He grabs a bunch of cartons a roll of scratch tickets and a slurpy and leaves the store unlocked with the key to the cash register on the counter.

It was funny at the time but complete fucking scum bag

17. he stole tracable scratch lottery tickets? What a genius.

18. worked at a campus dining hall, apparently i said to one of the higher up students that i hated the fuckin place. he told the boss and she told me that if i didnt like working there they she didnt want me to work there. so i just stopped showing up

19. Ahh Yes. Mazzio's Pizza back in '02. Don't remember why but I got pissed and walked out being the only driver on a Sunday night. Those of you who have worked food service on a Sunday night know what hell it is I left them with. I'm quitting this job I'm at now Thursday, but I did the good thing and put in my two weeks.