Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the best tasting cannabis strain?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by tstick, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Are there any particular strains that add more/less taste to the dishes they are used in?

Like, for example, would a blueberry strain be a better choice to make butter for blueberry muffins?

2. I believe that a blueberry strain would taste good in muffins. I had blueberry a few weeks ago and it has a very powerful sweet taste. I loved it. But that was only when smoked. What kind of bud do you have now?

Personally though, I find almost all weed that is cured and flushed properly tastes good as long as it isn't middies or shwag. Name brand bud has a good chance of being good.

The bud that had the most flavor to me was this shit I got called Zen. You could taste it in your mouth for hours after smoking. It was an awesome herby taste that I threw in some cannaoil and put it into a salad. It tasted great!

3. Funny you mention blueberry... :)

One of the local-favorite April Fools Day treats I whip up nearly every year, is a Blueberry X NL wax hash candy, where a few of the local growers tend to keep a particularly tasty clone alive, and a few of us try to get together around or before the April holiday each year, to celebrate the growing season, and again on that one day of the year where even some of the most casual tokers think to celebrate along with us (4/20). :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, towards the end of the month, when we get to the sandy bits at the bottom of all the jars of the candy made from the Bb x NL (and sometimes with others), I'll often bake a few batches of blueberry muffins and cupcakes, and blueberry whoopie pies, and use the remaining crystals and clusters as a sort of garnish for decoration and flavor.. the amber-gold color looks classy against a pale blue frosting on a cupcake, and very natural on top of the golden blond color of a blueberry muffin.
    Besides just blueberry strains I'll pair, match and compliment using the common-scented skunky strains (which go very good with meats and fish, as well as scotch), as well as 'strawberry' and other fruity and citrus strains for other baking, and drinks. I have another 'summery' recipe for Sour Haze that's just about ready for sharing (the base has been resting since late last year). :hello:

Anyhow, strain and meal/flavor pairing is absolutely worth experimenting with. :)

4. I love the posts badkitty does..

5. Wow! Thanks very much!!!