whats the best light to use for great veg and flower?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by yinyang, Jun 10, 2006.

1. im looking for a light that will help plants both veg and flower greatly, so which one to buy?

2. No doubt about it--HPS. The 600 watt hps is the most efficient, followed by the 1000, then the 400/430.
    When using HPS lights, use a short grow cycle. And, remember to "harden off" delicate clones or seedlings that are not used to intense light and heat after being under fluorescent lights.
    Start with the HPS light far away, and gradually lower it.

3. How is the 600w the best? If he has a few plants he doesnt want a 600w hps so dont say this is the best if you dont know anything about his/her setup.

4. BAGZ you seem to know your stuff. I have two Fluros both 33 watts and the walls of my box are covered by bounce boards. The box is about 1.5 X 2.5.

5. Lol whats your question? And what do you mean by bounce board?

6. Holy crap, wow i was baked when i wrote that... yeah my question was Is the enough light? or do they need more watts? bounce boards..... idk ike white cardboard that reflects the light instead of it being absorbed into the wood

7. ad get another floro

8. How many plants do you have. You can get a 4pack of 27watt (1750 lumen) cfls at homdepot or lowes for about $10