What's the best amount of time for a tolerance break?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chirf, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Going from smoking once a night to 2-3 times a day over the course of a year, how long do you think my tolerance break should be if I want to completely reset the effect of weed?

It just doesn't get me high like it use to. I've smoked so much for so long that I feel like it's not worth the money if I go through a gram in less than 2 days.

ALSO, I'm interested in what each time span can give me.
    Would a week break be enough to notice a difference, regardless of how short the break?
    Would a month reset my tolerance completely or would it just make the weed leave my system? (for drug tests n such).

I really want to start taking a break and I'm really interested in knowing more about it from anyone with experience on tolerance breaks.

Thanks!

2. a week wont do anything

a month will, but you'll be right back to normal pretty quick

3. Oh really? What if after a month, i only smoke every other day, or a few times a week?

4. You will never get high like the first times you got high. You can still get a lot more high if you take a break but it will never be completely the same as when you first started.

Even waiting a day or two makes the high noticeably more enjoyable to me, and I have been smoking pretty much everyday for a couple years.

The problem is that the tolerance will return very quickly after you start again. The longer you break for the longer it will take to come back, but it will always come back faster than it took you to build it up the first time.

I'd say take a 2 week break maybe even a month if you want to go all out but if you really want to preserve a low tolerance the key is to NOT smoke everyday or to take regular breaks. Otherwise the tolerance will just come back.

How high your tolerance is is not dependant on the amount of leftover byproducts in your system which is what they measure for in a drug test. Waiting a month will generally have your system clean for a drug test but this is not related to the amount of tolerance you have.

5. I took a break for more than a year, but when I was back at it, my tolerance build up rather quick.

6. A 2 week break might be good. I'm not really looking to quit, I just hate having the habit of smoking weed everyday. It's just so available it's so hard NOT to lol

Maybe a 2 week break will help me gather more self control to. I want to smoke weed, but I don't want it to change my lifestyle to the point of being completely lazy and being high all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah if smoking weed everyday isn't your thing then it's easier to manage your tolerance.

Smoking weed everyday is the shit tho.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 XxMutilatedxX, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    I'm on a 2 month t-break at the moment, I'm trying to minimize that to every other day instead, possibly weekends.
    I definitely notice a difference when I don't smoke 2 days apart, you should try it and see if it works for you.
    If possible, take a 2 week break or possibly even a month each time you finish your stash, (HQ,Q) it should reset your tolerance so that when you get another pick up, you'll feel unbelievably high from such a small piece.

That's just from my personal experience, since I notice my high isn't as strong after 2 weeks.
    I find it's a waste for me If I buy some fresh herb and smoke that while my tolerance is sky high (It won't have much effect on me).

When your body is so used to smoking everyday, even 1 day of not smoking can make the slightest difference. I still suggest you take more than 2 weeks, you'll be baker than a baked potato (That made no fucking sense but who cares).

So yeah, tolerance breaks are great things, withdrawals suck though, but you'll definitely get used to them the more you take T-breaks.

It is hard at first when you're so used to smoking everyday, especially if you have a stash just sitting there or connections that are available, but trust me... it is so worth it to take a T-Break, even if it's just a couple days.

Wish you the best of luck, mate.

9. I took a month off last month, and let me say I was quite dissapointed haha. I just got a tiny bit higher than usual. :cry:

10. I took 8 months off and got schizophrenia high

I swear to god i was hearing the witch from hansel and gretel cackling and i thot my house was inside a rocket going to the moon

11. wtf?"

12. Time Machine, go back to before ANY thc was in your body! Thats what I did and its siiickkk

13. I have decided I won't start smoking weed effectively every single day until I have the money and job to do so indefinitely without chance of being fucked, because then I can just stay high until I die and enjoy everything twice as much.

I'd have to do something pretty damn good though. Maybe write like a movie or some shit.

14. A week IS something, don't listen to him

I've done tolerance breaks ranging to 1 day to 3 years.

Let me tell you, 3 week tolerance break is no different than 3 years.

3 weeks is the maximum I go, you won't get any higher ifyou wait longer.

Cannabis is one of those things your brain NEVER forgets.

15. *If you truly enjoy getting high, then a t.b. should be at most 5 days. After that amount of time you will cease to enjoy the t.b.. Like most posters here, anything longer than a week results in nothing more than "restlessness" until you can get high again. A t.b. for a month is as useless as a t.b. for a year. Which will cause you to wonder: "why did I stop getting high>?"

16. I took a T-break for almost 6 months once, fucked me over so bad when I finally started smoking again and to celebrate me an my buddies got a bong and smoked some seriously dang shit, I was so fucking high that I couldn't even do anything but stare at the fucking wall for almost 3 hours, it took another 4 before I was sober enough to drive home, and I was still fuzzy for almost 2 more hours after that. I think T-breaks are really person specific, Like I've gotten a pretty good high from a 2-week T-break but it was nothing compared to that 6 month T-break. The tolerance does eventually build back up, but for me it took almost a month after that 6-month break before I was back at that level again.

17. i saw 2-3 weeks, but you can do a month just to be on the safe side. A month will prob get rid of all the THC and youd be soo high.

18. no break is the best break lol ive never needed a "t-break"