what's that funny smell after my harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jamified, Jul 7, 2007.

1. OK so since I've been growing I have had three harvests, and they have all had something pretty shitty in common.... the smell. my first harvest, 3 out of my seven plants turned out great, couldnt ask for anything better. the other four developed a weird earthy dirty smell while they were drying. It didnt affect the high that I got, the high was great, but the smell was nothing to be desired, and when I showed a couple friends what I had been up to they weren;t impressedf with the smelly buds at all. my second harvest all of my plants developed the weird smell during the drying stages, and though the bud still got me high, it wasn;t really pretty, and it didn;t smell that good. I am on my third harvest right now, the plant was a Mango strain, and because I only had one plant this time, this plant was my baby. I scgrogged it, gave it a ton of love, and it looked and smelled GREAT the day that I chopped it down. after just a couple days of hanging upside down in my closet though It has started to develop a weird, and unfortunately familiar smell.... can anyone tell me why this might be happening? It makes me sooo mad, expecially after all of the tender loving care that I have given these plants. please someone help me!

2. How humid is the drying room, and what are the temps throughout the day / night? Im guessing its to damp in there, without even answering any of the questions i asked, try to throw a dehumidifyer in there for a couple days and see what happens.

3. wat he said

4. in case anyone cares I found out what was wrong and decided I would share it with you all. Apparently I have a habit of leaving on too many of the fan leaves when I leave the plants to dry and the smell is actually the fan leaves decomposing. I don't think it's actually that bad of a thing, and after I cut them off the smell went away for the most part. WOOHOO! I won;t be making that mistake again.

5. hehe yeah no fan leaves should be around for the drying ;)