whats so fascinating about death?

Discussion in 'General' started by LegitBaller, Apr 17, 2011.

1. #1 LegitBaller, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
    you tell me, my mind cant make up its mind. sometimes i come to terms with it, and feel in a sense "ready to die"...other times I want nothing to do with it and think of how awful it will be. I bring this up because my uncle jus died yesterday morning. While I feel awful, I cant honestly say I wouldnt want to know what hes experiencing right now, if anything.
    its sunday mornin, jus smoked a lil somethin n my minds wanderin, let this thread go where it may.

2. we don't know what to expect

3. Yep.^^

So many different beliefs about where we go after this life. We're only here temporarily, so might as well make the best of it. Like, why make the time we're given shorter, you know? That's how I try to think.

4. There's nothing fascinating about death. Humans tend to have a fascination with it because it's unknown and we have a penchant for trying to answer things we don't know. But in the end, we won't know and honestly, who cares? Just enjoy you life until death comes. Then enjoy death, knowing you had a good life.

5. What you're going through is exactly it. We have no idea what happens, and I guess we love to think of scenarios that we want to happen.

6. ^ The source of religion in a nutshell.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

7. you trip balls because your brain makes a huge amount of DMT just before you die

8. We dont choose when we are born, and we dont choose when we die. Its the unknown that captivates us. The fear of eternity..

9. Nothing everything goes dark.

10. damn dude makes death thread then dies, some pac type shit. rip fellow chicity hustler.

inb4banforbump

11. I do not fear death. It is a natural part of life. To live, we must die and go to the great beyond eventually. Such is the cost of existence itself; it is perfectly normal.

12. I am very intrigued in "death" and all of it's mysteries

Does our carbon just get recycled? Or is there more to it than that?

13. It's hard for people to grasp it because it cannot be grasped. Humans cannot imagine themselves not being there. It's the same as before you were born, or if you've ever been put to sleep, it's the same thing.

The thing is it's stupid to worry about because it's not like you will die, then be sitting somewhere being mad about how you died and it's not fair.

14. This is surreal

15. we miss you LEGIT..a real OG blade no doubt.

16. Crazy ironic thread man

17. It is fascinating because you don't know what happens when you die. And anyone that knows can't tell you.

18. RIP Bro, hope youre having some wild adventure somewhere out there

19. ... to bump this thread of all things because of irony.

20. Have some respect.