What's So Bad About New Jersey?

Discussion in 'General' started by CharO0ne, Nov 21, 2010.

1. I don't know much about the place, but not one time have I heard anything good about it. Now thanks to TV, all I think about are some douchbags with greasy hair and bad accents. From what people have told me, they say its a dump, a cesspool, etc. But I've never been there so I don't believe that completely.

So what do you guys know about Jersey? Is it really a place full of greasy douchbags, or is it a wonderful place with hardworking, self-respecting people? And if your from Jersey, tell me a little about it!

2. Every place on earth has good things and bad things. Usually only the bad things get publicized and then stereotyped to that location, because thats what keeps peoples attention.

3. [​IMG]
    The brown and green parts are the "real" New Jersey which is where the Sopranos took place. Everyone says it's dirty, a dump etc. because that's all you can see from the turnpike.
    The purple is the best, though. South Jersey, where I'm from. We have better weed too :smoke:

4. Dude...whats muffcabbage anyway?

5. Nice. Your watching south park too huh?

6. Its a jersey Thing :devious:

7. The scary thing is, I know at least 2 dozen females who have skin that color and are similarly dressed.

8. Snooky want smoosh smoosh!

9. I'm not going to say that I'm any Jersey expert, but I really think that the shore just ruins it for everyone else. I recently took a trip to NY but stayed in NJ and the area I was in (Rutherford) was quite nice. It had a very old-timey quaint feeling to it, and I didn't have problems with anyone. However, I was in Hoboken(On the Jersey shore) for less than 5 minutes and I saw two females and one male that were not as bad as the "Jersey Shore" cast, but actually far worse. Once we got into the cab i felt as though I couldn't get out of that place soon enough.

10. Hoboken's not the shore, it's on the Hudson River. The real shore is nothing like the show at all. Well some towns are like the show, but some aren't. Cape May for example is old-time and quaint like you were saying.

11. I'm really not trying to be facetious, and perhaps Hoboken might not be in the geographical area frequently referenced as "The Shore" but being as it's the town situated in closest proximity to a major body of water it is technically the shore.

12. [​IMG]

Living next to them is a terrifying prospect

13. You have the goddamn jersey devil thats what

14. Hoboken is the kind of place you would see Jersey Shore mutants as it has a pretty big Italian population. The funny thing is, Hoboken is actually nice compared to Newark or Jersey City!

No offense to Italians, every ethnicity has assclowns and the Italian assclowns happen to live around NYC and Northern NJ, and are on a popular MTV reality show.

15. I am from Central Jersey and I love it.

16. Wow, then I'm glad I didn't go to either or those places lol, as it took about 45 seconds until I saw a group of basketball colored douchebags dropping f bombs and just being complete stereotypes. Although I really can't say anything being as I live in Miami and I can tell you from experience that we're definitely front-runners for biggest a-hole city.

17. Thanks for posting that, cause thats another example. Jersey shore, Aqua Teen Hunger force, set in Jersey. It's like Jersey is some huge ghetto or something.

But all jokes aside, I love that show :D

18. Nothing wrong with Jersey, other than the fact that its a toilet that doesnt flush

...kidding.

19. Well, Jersey is where everyone in NYC's inlaws live. And inlaws suck.