Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's so bad about brown?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tstick, Feb 9, 2012.

1. I see comments that brown weed is bad....? Why? Acapulco Gold was golden brown and was great in it' day. I currently have a Sativa called "Sugar Cane" that's brown and completely coated with trichs. Smells like hash/pine/peanut butter and....something I can't quite name yet. It's really special and it kicks hard. And it is brown.

Explain why brown weed is bad. I'm old school and brown weed used to be good...and still is as far as I'm concerned. But I'd still like to get some reasoning behind why others think it's bad. Thanks

2. My guess is most brown weed is the shit coming in from Mexico in bricks loaded with seeds and stems but I agree there is good mid out there

3. Well, here's kind of the other interesting thing.....maybe....

Awhile back, the dispensary carried a "Sugar Cane1" and a "Sugar Cane2". One was green and one was brown. The green was harvested a week or two earlier than the other one -which was left to grow longer and then turned brown. The green version had more of a green smell (duh) and tasted a bit harsher and def had the chlorophyl taste. The brown version was denser and had only slightly more trichomes and had more spicy fragrance.

This isn't mids, btw...This is top-shelf dispensary weed from a highly respected and reviewed dispensary. It's one of their top selling Sativas. It's almost one of their "signature" strains -because it's not available anywhere else and it def doesn't resemble anything else on the market. I think it's just a weird pheno of something that someone got ahold of...but whoa!

The brown ended up being so much more popular than the early green version, they stopped getting the green version and went with the brown.

4. Yea i agree with you, some brown weed can be absolutely dank, however there is a lot of bad brown weed that gives you that headache/nasea feeling that makes u just wanna PUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKE. But yeah, agree to an extent.

5. A lot of people talking down on the brown are probably reinforcing stereotypes and don't have a lot of experience with it. On a different note, I've had mexican brick schwag that's bright green and had visible trichs for $50/Oz, it's still schwag and doesn't smoke as nice as some of the brownish mids and dank you refer to. I've also had nasty brown brick weed that definitely reinforces those stereotypes though.

6. I've personally have never had brown weed. At the most I've had some pretty dark/dull green schwag though.

7. #7 So_savage420, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
    Every brown weed I got (we call here where I live mids) was shitty, full of stems and seeds, poor mans bud. Hey I mean enough of it will get you high, but it will also give you cottonmouth like a bitch, headache and turn you into a sleeping zombie..

8. I was under the impression that weed turns brown when you grow it for longer, giving it a higher CBD content and therefore more of a heavy stone feeling without the head high.

9. Maybe there IS something to that.

I can tell you that I see a LOT more green weed around than any other color....not to sound surprised by that or anything, but this particular Sativa I am referring to seems to have improved in taste, smell and effect AFTER it browned up. Yes, the green version was a "lighter" "up" kind of high....maybe because the trichomes were still clear(?)...But the brown version was a lot more hashy and flowery/spice/...and something else...

And the leaves are really strange. They are almost like needles they are so thin. The bracts are also elongated with only the slightest bit of stigma poking out...and I mean COVERED in crystals. I haven't been able to find out just what the lineage is or where it came from, etc. It's really unusual.

10. Well weed can be brown and still be dank. Its all in the texture my man. I've some shit before, from a distance looked like schwag. But you pull it a part and break it down, fucking raining thc and it was almost as sticky as resin.

So what if its brown, no reason to turn it down.

11. Marijuana = plant
    Brown plant = usually bad plant
    Brown marijuana plant = usually bad marijuana

12. nowadays brown weed is likely laced with shit, i dont mean another crazy drug, i mean legit poop

13. Fuck it...As long as you get high.:cool:

14. This is dispensary weed I'm talking about. It's checked. "Laced with poop" HAHAHA!

15. The explanation as to why the weed was brown, is how to grower cured and dried the weed.

If the grower put the marijuana in water for about a week (and changed the water everyday or so), and then dried it, the taste would be different and the weed would change to a brownish color:

[​IMG]

If the grower simply dried the weed, and did not cure it after, the taste would be very harsh (Which probably is what he did with the green weed).

When you harvest marijuana earlier, you (can) get a bit more of a head high, and if you harvest it later, more of a body high, as explanation to the different highs you described from the two strains or whatever...

(IF THE WEED ACTUALLY TURNED BROWN AS IT WAS GROWING, I'VE GOT NO IDEA WHAT'S UP WITH THAT! Haha :))

- Serenity

16. #16 JoePain25, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
    It might of been a kind coated in hash oil, my dispensaries all have those.
    Seeing as its coated in THC its not schwag. Those are different.

Just get some standard dank with it next time and compare.

17. Brown is just a name people gives shit weed. Thagt dtb that's we call ish weed in the burg downtow brown. But I had some dutch chocolate shit was dank as hell.

18. Bobby brown, dirty weed sounds like what you're talking about. it is true if you let it go longer the trichomes will change to a gold color showing maturity, I read that you don't want it to be brown you want the trichs to be cloudy, but each strain is subjective