What's next?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by peebygeeby, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Ok. So, I've got germinated seeds. The tap roots are out about an eighth of an inch.

I've got Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. At this point I thought I would take party cups fill them about 3 quarters of the way up, water (no fertilizer) the soil so that it's just moist, place a germinated seed in each cup. Cover the seeds just lightly with more soil, and place the cups in a propagating dome in a warm, dark place.

Have I got my information right so far?

Thanx!

Peeb

2. yep. if you have a heating mat put it under the flat or put it in a roon that is 80 or so. soon as they sprout, take lid off dome and put them under light. transplant whenever the heck you want really...sometime before they get rootbound. prob like 10-14 days if your environment and light is optimal.

3. you want a pic of his humidome with cups in it?

4. i was thinking more on the level of grow space, light set up, and ventalation. he is trying to grow budd, not daisys. use your noggin :rolleyes:

5. :) LOL! Pics? of my humidome? Actually I'm not growing daisy's but I am growing tomatoes, dill, and oregano:) Just trying to get an idea about my growing space, whether it's set up right as a growing environment, cause I've never grown indoors before. I think it is. The stuff that I'm growing is doing well so far. Want to see if I can grow this stuff successfully before I start messing around with the real thing.

At what point should I place my MJ seedling in the tent under lights? I don't want to burn it up.
    I have an LED panel that I've been using for vegging the tomatoes and dill, and it seem to be working well. Should I veg the MJ under this LED? I have a 400 MH and a 400 HPS. Should I do the entire MJ grow under HID lights or let it veg under the LED and then switch over at flowering time?

So thanks for your advice, and I'll post some pics when I have something worth showing off!:D

6. i would just put them under the led until they are 10-14 days old. The roots/medium needs warmth at this point so if you cannot provide that under led hid may heat them up a little. or get seedling heating mat and just leave them sit in the flat!

7. OK. Yeah, I have been germinating seeds on regular old heating pads.

I think what I'll do is...at 14 days put the heating pads on the floor of my tent, and put the seedlings under the LED's and let them veg until they're big and strong enough to handle the HID's.

Sound like a plan?:D

8. i would have them in a flat, like the bottom part of the humidome. and i wouldnt put the seedling heating mat right on the floor, i would put it on a piece of wood on the floor. for safety and the wood will help conduct heat keeping mat working more efficiently. just an old little piece of scrap wood or panel. not trying to be stickler, just trying to help...and i would put them under the leds as soon as they pop above ground. i dont know much about leds but unless you have flourescent/t5 i think led is best, then after 14 days put them 24 inches away from hid moving light down two inches every two days until lights are as close as you can reasonably get them with your fixture and cooling setup. i keep my lights 4-6 inches off of tops, but most cannot, must be minimum 12 inches.do you have an aircooled hood and ventilation set up ??

9. dont forget about your nute schedual. or are you using any nutes at all?

10. not sure what size pots they are in but you want to transplant at least 3 days before putting them under hid if needed. after transplant water thouroughly, then at next watering 2 or 3 days put under hid and give 1/8 strength nutes that same day. with the added light your plants will want nutes.

11. Hey thanx for all the good advice. I think the wood under the heating pad is a really good idea, and I would have never thought of it until I set my tent on fire!:D So thanx for that!

Also, no, my HID set up is not air cooled, so I'm going to have to be careful about how close the babies are to it. I do have a ventilation set up. Using a carbon can filter ducted out of the tent connected to a vortex fan. On the floor I have an ocillating fan pulling fresh air in through one of the openings.

I am going to be feeding Fox Farm nutes. I have their feeding schedule and plan on following it unless you have a better suggestion.

12. be careful on how much nutes to give them. dont be tempted to give them anywhere near full strength especially if its your first time using them

13. first feeding is always 1/8 strength. If the bottle says 2 tsp per gallon you will use 1/4 tsp per gallon and make sure ph is right around 8. Most likely that FFOF is a bit acidic, so if you water with 8.0 ph and your runoff is 6 or below that means the soil ph is 5 or below. you will have to slowly work that back into a reasonable ~6.4