WHATS NEXT? 2022 AND BEYOND EDITION

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dobro49, Jan 9, 2022.

1. i would really love to not have these threads for years but we are where we are. This will get us thru the roaring 20s I guess.

I’ll kick off with the great state of SC, where some poor representative is really swinging for the fence with a bill to get rid of “the odor of marijuana” being a valid reason to search a person. I’m thankful to see these people pushing for this but it’s like watching some sap get stomped in a fight that they can’t win. That is the way I see pot laws in this state, a fight that we can’t win. Cops will oppose this in full force and I’d wager that the news report from foxcarolina.com is the last hurrah that we will see of it.
    I hate this godamn place.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Even if it were law do ya think the cops r gunna follow it? I doubt it .

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Of course not. They want it against the law. It’s a sad reality.

4. I see 2022 just like 2021. Kentucky is trying to get slick. There is a bill in the state house allowing people to grow 5 plates. Sounds good but It's black market weed. Just make it legal and stop fucking around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hey man, I’m glad to see you. SC is kicking around a medical notion but it’s sure to be awful. They are calling it “very conservative”. I fear that it will actually punish growers worse since it will be “medicine” and could get wrapped up with other drugs. I’m sure we get to be outlaws for a while yet, unfortunately.

6. I scanned thru the word soup that is the “SC Compassionate Care” bill that according to wspa.com is up for debate, with opposition in full swing. Last week there was a forum in York County SC, (think a big neighborhood in South Charlotte NC) and they were comparing medical pot to drugs that are killing people by OD every day.
    At any rate, I quit reading at the part where it proclaimed “cardholders may not possess or smoke the plant”. That kills it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If there’s anything in that bill worth a positive thought, it drops the penalty for possessing the plant, not sure on growing but I’ve no high hopes, to a misdemeanor.

• Like Like x 1
  8. As I said before black market weed does not help build schools or provide jobs. Plus a dealer doesn't ask for a ID,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I’m waiting to hear more on the SC medical bill tho it’s a non starter that outlaws flower. No growing makes this an awful law.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. The SC medical pot debate kicks off Tuesday in the statehouse with a vote expected and a bunch of opposition. It will be interesting for sure but they are firmly against rec pot. That will come later when GA and NC gets rec.

11. While I know the guy wouldn’t take a piss on me if I were burning but I emailed SC Senator Tom Davis to thank him for at least getting the medical issue on the table tho it’s too restrictive. These people don’t seem to get that marijuana can help people kick a pill habit. I’m living proof of it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I’m checking but haven’t heard anything yet from the statehouse on the SC medical bill. I hate the slow slog of politics. Well, we have this committee and that grou0 who has to vote and on and on we go.

13. Nothing from the SC statehouse today but I understand that Delaware took some steps to freedom today. At least somebody is winning.

14. D. A. R. E. To go back to the 80s. An upstate SC county has revived the highly successful DARE program. Oconee county, which is a beautiful area in the mountains and usually prides itself on independence and freedom seems to want to revert to the drug war. They have quite a list of cold cases that don’t deserve attention I guess.

15. No word at all on the SC medical debate that started back today. I mentioned earlier somewhere how this state reacts, instead of acts. A good example is a bill that does away with taxing benefits for veterans. I’m all for that but the report on wistv.com clearly says that we have to move on it because NC and GA has already done that.
    If veterans are their concern, I’d beg them to listen to the veterans who have been in these hearings asking for medical pot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Same in Kentucky. Veterans went to the state house saying how weed have save there life. You think anybody gives a shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. And these southern politicians pander for the veterans and military support all the time. I read some of the comments that these people made in this hearing and it’s sad. The cops rattled off that same old timey drug war bullshit when they spoke.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The NFL has split a million dollars with two entities to study marijuana/cbd.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. I'm getting sick and tired of this issue. I don't care what party does what. Republicans talk about smaller government, but they are full of shit. They won't even let the people vote. They are saying we know what's best for you. They are the kings of big government.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I love all of the “FREEDOM” talk but when it comes to our gardens there is a line drawn. I have never in my life cared what someone grew unless I was impressed with it. I’ve surely never condemned what people had.

• Like Like x 1