Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's inside your backpack son?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by omg nipz, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Hypothetically speaking, if I was minding my own business with weed in my backpack, could a police officer ask me to show him what's in my backpack? Taking in consideration that I would not have any weed in the public eye, I'm on public property and I did not commit any crimes.

2. Cops can do anything they damn well please. I hate em. If your not doing anything they shouldnt have any reason too, but thats never stopped em before

3. If they have reason of suspicion. Like someone called the police dept or something of those lines. Other than that if you don't consent to any searches and they don't have a valid reason of suspicion they can't do shit to you.

4. Agreed

5. unless you were walking around yelling "yeah man I gotta pound of dank ass marijuana in my backpack mannn" I would think that would be unlawful search & seizure

6. So they can basically just say "I smell some marijuanas on you" and they have the right to my bag.

7. Well smelling weed from the bag is a pretty good reason to be suspicious. They can nail you in the asshole with that for sure.

8. Pretty much. They can be scumbags like that

9. ^ especially the plain clothes ones

10. [quote name='"KushFanDango"']If they have reason of suspicion. Like someone called the police dept or something of those lines. Other than that if you don't consent to any searches and they don't have a valid reason of suspicion they can't do shit to you.[/quote]

If you are on school property you don't have a choice, you are subject to a full search (with or without concent or parent permission) if you are off school property you can say no (they will hold u until they get parent concent) but they need a warrant off school property

11. I wonder what would happen if they smelled a whiff of the dank

Damn piggies will stampede to the metaphoric slop which is the committer of a victimless crime

12. Use a mason jar to hide smell, they make smaller ones you can easily fit.

13. #13 Soaring, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    Hell no!! Unless he has probable cause he can not search you and can not keep you there. You can ask to leave if he is not arresting you. If he does search you with no probable cause and he finds weed, the case will be thrown out of court. Most of the time cops will say anything to get you to consent to a search. "Do you mind if I just check out your bag real quick?" Some people are so terrified they just say yes. You should respond with, "May I ask why?" He will definitely be thrown off. He will try to come up with something like he's just trying to do his job or he's just trying to make sure you're following the law. Respond with, "I haven't done anything officer, and unless you have probable cause, I don't feel comfortable with you going through my things." Always be polite but always stick up for yourself, and let the officer know that you know your rights. If he won't back down, ask him if you can call your family lawyer real quick and ask him a few questions. Total bull shit but it will scare him off. Most police officers are respectable people and will respect you if you respect them.

14. I wouldn't bring any to a school or anything, but like if I was longboarding on a trail or sidewalk.

15. "A copy of the Bill of Rights with the 4th Amendment highlighted and a big old bag of mind your own fucking business" is what I'd say if it didn't result in you getting your ass illegally beat afterwards.

16. You have the right to refuse searches without a probable cause or a warrant.

17. jesus christ, you people act like cops are scumbags who are just out to get people committing petty crime. no, they are performing a job, and they don't make the rules.

18. Just stitch a hidden pocket somewhere, they won't find it unless they strip search you.. which they probably cbf if you're polite ;)

19. People are so silly now-a-days thinking their rights will protect them from tyrannized officers of the law. They do what they please, and lie to justify it.

20. Was driving down the road in the complete opposite lane, police officer did a complete u-turn in traffic just because he believe he smelt weed as he passed by me. Took apart my whole car pretty much, ripped up my seats and everything. Never found a thing.
    Fucking pigs I hate 'em.