What's a scary experience you've had in the wilderness?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by bdeslaur, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Hello,

I am just wondering if any of you had a scary experience in the wilderness. I certainly have. I'll go ahead and tell my story. I was about 6 years old and my Dad took me camping. Once we had the whole tent set up, it was already dark. We then went to sleep. In the middle of the night, we started hearing ticking noises and my dog was barking. My Dad got our backpacking knife and went outside to see what was going on. Immediately upon stepping outside, a HUGE tree fell over and we saw bears running thru the woods, away from the tree. They must have pushed it down! Needless to say, we packed up and went home.

Share your story!

• Like Like x 3
  2. #2 STIGGY, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    I was Bear Hunting with Dad when I was a Kid
    We were hunting Grizz, My Dad walking out in front was charged by a male bull Grizz all 600 plus pounds
    The fight was on, I quickly drew my 44 ruger from my side and ran right up to the bear and empty the gun into its chest right at the heart area.
    Took a few long minutes and the bear went limp, my Dad needed to be evacuated by chopper and suffered numerous injuries but survived.
    To this day i have a hard time when near bear territory ..............
    upload_2017-1-16_8-37-14.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. That must've been terrifying! I'm glad you are both safe and sound. Does bear taste good?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Some Bear tastes good , the older ones taste nasty LOL
    Tough and gamy

"somewhere between california condor and great spotted owl."
    It can be mixed with pork meat 50/50 and it tastes OK as sausage
    By itself it is pretty bad.

5. #5 docleary, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    i was snowshoeing alone in the middle of the night once a few years back, full moon and fresh powder. i was 'shoeing along the top of a ridge when i heard a coyote howl. soon it was joined by others, chorusing back and forth from either side of the ridge. i started moving a little more quickly, as all i had at the time was a ka-bar and a tomahawk. i heard the howling join behind me, and i noticed it was getting closer. i chose to head down one side of the ridge toward an old camp i knew was nearby. as i was running down the hill, i could hear the coyotes plopping through the deep powdery snow behind me.

it went on like that for about a 1/4 mile, when i reached the old cabin and jumped through a broken window.
    i lit a fire in the woodstove and waited for dawn.

• Like Like x 4
  6. O
    One time we were camping in the wilderness and at about 3am the blair witch came into out tent and started raping me. She stunk like a decaying body and her vaginal secretion burned my genitals. Needless to say, I had trouble achiving an erection so she moved on to my buddy, who probably thought he was having a wet dream cause he got into it with her. I tried to tell him that it was the blair witch, but the stench inside the tent was overwhelming and I went outside and puked until they were finished. Then I heard my buddy screaming in pain and I saw her leave the tent and dissapear into the night. I went back into the tent to see why my buddy was screaming and he had these nasty bleeding blisters all over his dick and balls. That was scary as fuck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. The blair witch and I need to have a talk. She was supposed to be my "Friend with benefits"

• Like Like x 1
  8. I wondered what the hell happened to you when you were younger LOL
    No wonder you are so screwy....................

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. upload_2017-1-16_8-39-10.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. #10 grasscoty, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    *looks at stiggy with crossed eyes* Ha! You don't know how screwy I am! :wacko:

• Like Like x 2
  11. That's hella intense, @STIGGY . I'm glad you and your Dad made it out alive.

I've had coyotes around my tent but I was never worried since I was in a tent, still spooky. I was deer rifle hunting and snuck up to a herd of something then hid up against a tree as they walked all around me (I camo up pretty good, I've mostly archery hunted). There was a spike bull maybe 15 yards away staring right at me, we had a long staredown where I looked just off of him. Wasn't too scary but I was a bit nervous he'd charge me. He just went back to browsing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I was once bitten by a black fly. No lie.

• Like Like x 4
  13. I meant that in a loving way bro

• Like Like x 1
  14. Is that worse than the tesie fly

15. I know a cornered pissed off moose can kill ya

• Like Like x 3
  16. YES!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh that dam Black Fly
    I heard about him
    [​IMG]
    The Guy in the white tee thought is was from to much Ouzo