Whats a really low odor strain for indoor growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by skateee, Nov 12, 2012.

1. I need a low odor strain. Name some low odor strains, then on a scale of 1-10 (10 being high odor) how badly do they stink? All appreciated, thanks.

2. [quote name='"skateee"']I need a low odor strain. Name some low odor strains, then on a scale of 1-10 (10 being high odor) how badly do they stink? All appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

Weed. 7

3. m-39, from canada, or quebec gold, look into both of them they're really quick strains, high resin, dense ass buds, and nearly no smell well nothing like a kush or skunk smell

4. There are some strains, and in particular some phenos, that can be lower in odor, but make no mistake about it -- growing weed is going to cause a stink that you need to deal with. For stealth you need to count on the capability of your ventilation and air filter system, you can't count on the plant being low odor.

On your 1-10 scale I would say your typical grow is around a 14. If you luck into some low odor plants you might be looking at 6-7.

5. I cannot say from personal experience however I have heard that northern lights and blue mystic are both low odor strains however I cannot vouch but a little Googling will most likely bring up the info I first found

6. im going to start growing blue mystic soon its a cross between northern lights and blueberry NL strains in general are lower on the odor. Just research strains for a few days and find the one that suits you. While all plants will have some type of odor if you do not have the proper carbon filter or a way to deal with smell then you could be really screwing yourself because weed stinks!

7. Basil, cillantro.... and maybe rosemary. Def not any kind of marijuana. Get a carbon scrubber!

8. [quote name='"moshi1ry"']im going to start growing blue mystic soon its a cross between northern lights and blueberry NL strains in general are lower on the odor. Just research strains for a few days and find the one that suits you. While all plants will have some type of odor if you do not have the proper carbon filter or a way to deal with smell then you could be really screwing yourself because weed stinks![/quote]

Cool, I was thinkin of growin blue mystic also. Tell me how it goes

9. Northern Lights, Master Kush, these are some low odor strains, but you will need odor control as well.

10. My bro grew NL, his entire house smelt kinda like a coffee shop. You can smell them that is for sure, its just not that typical marijuana smell.

11. C99 had almost no smell at all and the smell it did have smelled more like fruit than pot. It's a perfect strain for a scrog.

Green Crack and Blue Dreams are also very low odor, but those are clone only. From what I've grown so far (about 30 strains) these have been the mildest.

I'd stay away from just about any type of Kush, no diesels, no sours, no headband or chemDog....nothing OG. Those will be really strong smelling.

12. What do I make of my Blue Dream seed from HSO (freebie)? :confused: Is it a breeder's attempt to replicate the clone only strain?

13. This isn't a universal, NL can be low odor but not necessarily. I've stunk up an entire house with just a couple of NL plants still in veg. And it definitely did not smell like a coffee shop...

14. #14 SidelineHero, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    [quote name='"toastybiz"']This isn't a universal, NL can be low odor but not necessarily. I've stunk up an entire house with just a couple of NL plants still in veg. And it definitely did not smell like a coffee shop...[/quote]

What kind of smell did you get from them? Im referring to veg smell as well. These were auto NL from Nirvana.

15. There are no strains that will not stink up ur house when grown to maturity! If you are not legal Iwould suggest a carbon scrubber or venting ur room directly up the chimney. Or u could flower for about 35 to 40 days and then chop u will sacrifice quality but the last 25 to 30 days is the stinkiest. U may pick up a low odor strain but u may get a pheno of that strain that stinks bad, its better to have ur bases covered.