whats a good temp?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by devotedkilla69, Oct 26, 2007.

1. right now it's at 88.8 and I just switched them over to mh 400 watt bulb from cfl's....for better lumen output

2. the optimum temp is 75-78 w/ lights on, & 5-15 degrees lower w/ lights off

3. how far away should mh light be away? The lowest temp i can get it down to is 85.5 wit doors open

4. I find at 85 degrees mine get heat stressed.
    If you can't get it any cooler in ther just be prepared for slower growth and folded over edges. You can try increasing distance from light to the plants but, of course to much lumen reduction will slow growth as well.

5. Make your light no closer than you can comfortably hold your hand to it (light to plant is like light to hand).

6. same question is bothering me. I have 2 week old lr's. i cant keep temp lower than 86 at the moment. But i was thinking, that in mexico or somewhere else where they grow weed, temp is over 90 most of the time, or am i wrong? so should i instal more pawerful fan or it is it goot as it is? By the way, lower leaves are yellowing at the tips and curling a little. but its not due to heat stress, is it? And they seem to get better, and started growing very fast. sorry no pics available. maybe it was over fertilization, because then i gave them only water for a few days they started gettin better