Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats a carb for?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Iknuksohgong, Jan 22, 2014.

1. I'm new to smoking and I was wondering what the carb is for?

2. The carb on a side of a pipe/bowl? You put your thumb over the carb while you light the hit, then after smoke builds up in the chamber you move your finger off the carb and inhale. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

3. Its kind of like a built in pocket pussy for your bowl.

4. Clears out the chamber, smoke gets stale after a few seconds when it mixes with oxygen. So if you don't have a carb on a piece with a large smoke chamber, the next person who hits it gets an initial blast of old nasty smoke.

IMO small pipes don't need a carb, but bongs and hollow glass spoons do because their larger chambers hold more smoke.