what?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by doobiemarley, Feb 22, 2013.

1. I ordered this trio from ebay its Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, and Big Bloomand the directions they gave me is for a gallon of water like to top feed in soil. And I'm starting a hydro grow and don't know how to mix for that or a feeding schedule

ForumRunner_20130222_154153.png

2. What type of hydroponic system are you doing, the directions are for hydro.

3. I bought the little 4oz. bottles and they have a sticker on each that say 2 teaspoons per gallon and the the other says like one tablespoon but isn't that to make the mixture for top soil feeds. I'm do a deep water culture bucket type

4. No... depending on the size of your plants you probably shouldn't use full strength.

5. Thats fox farm right? They make a seperate trio for both hydro and soil. It kinda looks like you have the soil ones. how much did you pay for those 4oz man?

6. I paid like 11.00 for all 3. It doesn't say hydro or soil either way, couldn't I use it universally?

7. Idk, im currently using Technaflora brand and it actually says it can be used for soil or hydro, but FF has a seperate trio for both. I dont think they'd label them seperatly if they were the same thing, but they could lol. I know they FF soil trio i have looks really thick and weird compared to my technaflora nutes. If your running a drip system or even maybe an RDWC i'd be worried about build up

8. The big grow is this like water and green and the big bloom is thin blue but the tiger bloom is thick and brown

9. Rockwool or soil starter plug?

10. I'm pretty sure buried somewhere in my Simple DWC thread is someone who actually called FF and was told it's the exact same shit, but that hydro has different ratio/mix... So look up their instructions on hydro dosage, divide that by 2 or 3 and go with that...

My 2 cents anyway. I'm not going to dig for that thread, you could search it, but also could probably just as easily call FF and get the straight dope.

11. If they're they same how come grow big has a different npk value in soil then in hydro? I just switched my dwc grow today from technaflora to FF soil trio based on this thread before I realized the different values -_- I went by the hydro chart but it's still going to be off since the npk values aren't the same. From what I know the other 2 are the same.

12. Use 1/2 strength nutes with Fox Farm. and the numbers are teaspoons per gallon, not tablespoons. So if there is a 3 (Big Bloom) and a 3 (Grow Big) that would be 3 teaspoons of each per gallon of water, but I would use 1.5 teaspoons per gallon.

13. because Private Stalk just makes things up :D good luck with your grow

14. Lol, why would a company label "the same product" with completly different Npk values?

15. Couldn't tell if that was serious or sarcasm>.< ahahaha

16. no yeah he just says things, for real :)

17. It is not exactly the same product but I used the soil version with no problems.