What you WON'T see on American cable news

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Is that Tear gas?? Isn't it interesting that the Geneva convention outlaws the use of tear gas on the battlefield... But governments all around the world do not hesitate to use it on their own citizens.
    Only a massive worldwide revolution can fix these systemic problems.
    If millions of people would gather in their capitals and peacefully take over all government buildings, WE can overthrow the entire world structure.
    Otherwise...>Welcome to the prison planet!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o75PsBIjq6Q&feature=feedu]YouTube - Dramatic footage of fresh clashes in Tunisia as police fire tear gas[/ame]

2. What was the protest (I'll assume) for in the video?

3. Tunisia Riots: The Youth Revolution - Newsweek

4. Tunisia was ruled by an autocrat until about a week ago when mass protests led to the collapse of his government.

Ostensibly, Tunisia was a democracy, but the same man had been President for over 2 decades and elections were always marred by government crackdowns, preventing the people from having real choice at the voting booth.

Contrary to the OP's statements, this was covered extensively by American Cable News:

Tunisia seeks arrest of ousted president - World news - Africa - msnbc.com
    FoxNews.com - Tunisia issues intl warrant for ousted president
    Tunisia issues warrant for ousted leader, family members - CNN.com

But hey, don't take my word for it, do a Google search for "MSNBC Tunisia Government" and watch as a dozen links pop up. Same for "Fox News Tunisia Government" and "CNN Tunisia Government".

Note: I do not think that American Cable News is a particularly good news source, but I do think there's some value is seeing if they've reported on a story before claiming that they have not.

5. Ok - buts its a catchy title is it not?;):p

6. Too bad everybody in the video missed this memo. But I guess after being oppressed (in whatever fashion) for an odd amount of years, you're bound to go crazy.

But these guys probably should've known better.

7. if millions of people could some how possibly protest peacefully , you wouldnt need teargas lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Wait, I'm not supposed to care about brown people.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaS2bRGS86c]YouTube - George Carlin - We Like War[/ame]

10. "BRING BACK THE McRIB!!"​

11. Only the government wants peaceful protest, the people want revolution.

12. I got curious.... these arent my words my may explain some.

Yes, gas hurts. By it's very nature, it is designed to cause discomfort. It is a form of what is known as pain compliance. The main advantage is once it is washed/rinsed off, there are no long term or lasting repercussions. It's not warfare. Geneva Convention rules are only for the INTERNATIONAL community when it comes to warfare. However, Teargas in not on the Conventions list of chemical agents not to be used. CS gas causes no permanent damage and does not linger

13. Private prisons are very profitable for the elite when paid for by taxpayers

14. my uncle is in one owned by the bush's and they got everything tax free there for a while

15. Yes tear gas is not illegal to use... I have stood in rooms full of tear gas for training and I'm still here.

They should use more of it on "non" violent protesters and fat white kids..