what you +rep for

Discussion in 'General' started by godsthirdnut, Jun 20, 2007.

1. i point out right a way this is in no way designed to debate the usefulness of the rep system.

what motivates you to give some one a plus +rep. how often do you use it.

personally i +rep only when some one says something smart, gives good advice, or gives a good source for their information. as a rule i do not +rep just because some one post a pic of some dank and claims it was cheep. and fool can go out and spend money on weed, not worthy of recognition. its totally Dependant on where you live.

however if some one has really nice macros i might give them the +rep for their camera skillz.

2. I give rep for posts that are righteous, like this one.

3. anything that cracks me up

and good taste in music and movies

4. Ionno well I now know how to get negative rep, " Jack White is a musical genious" apparently that is neg rep worthy :/

5. i gave rep right away when someone gave me contact info, address, map quest to a nice headshop in chicago since i dont have any near me. havnt gone there yet, but it was the thought that counts--he was definately lookin out

6. Generally really funny posts, really informative posts, or really helpful posts.

I'll also rep for QFT stuff, things I really agree with.

For nice buds and nice glass, I'll usually post a positive comment in the thread if it's outstanding gear, but I don't give rep for it.

7. I never give +rep for good pickups, either. If I give rep for weed, it's because the poster grew it. I'll give rep for things that make me laugh, things that make me think, things that make me learn, or stuff that I agree with strongly.

I rarely give -rep.

8. 1. Thank you for posting that, I forgot about that. I'll give +rep for really good thoughts that are organized well in writing, things that make me ponder and that show true intellect and tact.

2. That's because the ban hammer is your -rep button :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Come on now, that's not true. I don't ban everyone that pisses me off and I don't even give -rep for some of the crap I read on here that offends me. :p

10. People should rep people for the threads and post that they like or agree with.

11. i rep people who like things I do and have good idea's or nice peices and shit.

12. i agree,,,, i'll throw some rep. around if i hear a good quote line,,,,a funny post,,,, i rep. a lot,,, theres some good posters on here,,,,,

13. I don't rep much, and I think the only times I negative repped the guy deserved it and got like 50+ more -rep from others.

+rep I usually give to people who post usefull information, anything that really helps me or may help someone else. Or to someone who picked up a really nice piece. I just don't do it too often.

14. if i think something's sick or if i agree with what someone said or they made me laugh.

15. Hempress is telling the truth here, she rarely bans unless it is absolutely, last resort, must do, necessary :smoke:

and because i know there is going to be someone asking about rep, i'm gonna go ahead and link to the other How to rep thread
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-feedback/104389-reputation-guideline-how.html

16. I rep people for asking things like, "Whats a CFL", "How much will I get from this plant", "Whats Nutes", you know, really advanced questions that make me scratch my head....no not really.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, see Hempress' answer and thats mine too.