What wrong with this seedling?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bryguy8633, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Strawberry cheesecake auto, under 120watt of 6000k LED’s currently about 28” above the plants.

Grown in cocoloco by bush doctor.

No Nutes so far, only 6.1 ph’d tap water with about 110ppm no chlorine.

Temps are between 70-78f and humidity after the first few days has been brought down between 45-60.

One of the plants is getting darker and is slightly curling on the tips, as well as a dark brownish spot appearing in the center of the plant.

All I can think to do is move the lights back to about 32-36” and water today with a slight runoff to check the ppm and ph levels.

Any ideas what this is or how to prevent any further damage would be much appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Also seedling is on day 7

3. #3 raymont, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with this .Looks fine. We always think we know what it should like and one slight change and we get concerned. Follow your plan. It will be just fine. Like I said it looks great.

4. Alright, quick update. Media was almost completed dry, went about 36 hours so now is watering time. I fed about 5-6 cups of tap water at 69.8f at a 6.1 ph.

I got about a 10 oz of runoff and checked the ph as well as PPM.
    PH came in at a 6.7 and PPM was at ... 1700!
    Thats seems crazy high. I haven’t added any Nutes what so ever and I doubt 5 days of light feedings everyday would cause any sort of salt/nutrient buildup.
    As my first grow I’m kinda lost at how I need to proceed?

Should I flush the plant until the run off is below 1000 ppm or what should I do?
    Also should I drop PH down to about 5.8 to lower the soil/runoff ph also?

5. Thanks for the reply.
    After checking runoff ph and PPM I’m a little concerned and don’t know if these levels are normal or not.

6. Just to show a comparison, this is the same strain in same media and growing conditions/ watering schedule.

Attached Files:

7. Looks fine to me....Give her a little time

8. This is why pre-nuted coco is bad mate. Better off getting the plain, unbuffered stuff. Gives you a blank canvas and full control. The plant in my profile pic couldn’t even take 1700ppm never mind a seedling lol.

Thing with coco is it doesn’t break stuff down like soil does. When it dries out the nutes just turn back into salts and build up. Coco is hydroponic growing so you’ve gotta keep it wet and water every day to run off once they’re rooted up.
    every couple days for seedlings as they can still get water damaged for like the first 10 days.
    After that though the roots are well enough established that you can feed rediculous volumes before there’s any danger of over watering issues. Coco is nice n airy so they don’t drown.

Not entirely sure how to fix it as I don’t know how the slow release nutes work in it. could in theory make it worse if you flush it, I don’t know so I’ll let someone else do the fixing but thought I’d explain that part as I was passing through :)
    Need to get the ph of the pot down to 5.7-5.9 as well mate. You’ll get major lockouts that look like underfeeding soon enough if it doesn’t come down.