Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What would you say the quality of this weed is: Below average, average, above average

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lifeisflyingaway, Apr 6, 2014.

1. #1 lifeisflyingaway, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    First of all let me start off by saying this is my first post on this forum. I took my adhd medication that I only use sometimes, and I guess now i'm typing my first post. I have been reading posts from this forum on and off for sometime now, and feel like I have a lot of questions and answers that have been found from this website.

Right now I can type 4 pages very eagerly and detailedly about my past and some background information especially pertaining to drugs, but I don't want to get off track and try to keep it to my question and on the point.

So i have been smoking weed daily for about 6 months now and roughly about a half a gram 0.5 a day or sometimes a tiny bit over 0.6 around that range mostly. Now moving to a new city, it was impossible to find a dealer and the few I found sold other drugs that I prefer not to do anymore even recreationally, since I am trying to focus on being back in college and other things.

Marijuana was one of the first few drugs, I experimented with but I didn't know nothing about grams, ounces, types of weed, potency etc I did it because a friend of mine bought a few ounces for us of what I now know is reggie, and we would smoke it out of a bong (which would get me real high) or very rarely out of blunts/joints (which still got me real high).

However this time 3 years later, I realized how much I like marijuana than I did then and how much it helps with a lot of depression and anxiety that I am going through. I found a dealer and then another and then another since they can be so shady, but I have been sustaining a 6month habit usually paying $120 for an ounce (sometimes got ripped off).

I have a lot of questions etc, but for my first post I would like you guys to judge the picture of the quality of this weed. Before you guys go on immediately to write about how shitty it is, and how its the worst kind of bud you can get, please try to remember a few things....

1) I have little to no tolerance- If i do it's probably 10-15% because I STILL get just as high as I did in the beginning of the 6 months.

2) When I do zoom in on the picture, I do surprisingly see white crystals spread all over which I learned are trichomes, it doesn't smell anything strong, but their is a smell, weed is mostly dry, however isn't as stemmy and seedy or brown as some types of marijuana. And most of all as someone who has to takes a lot more then someone with no tolerance of a recreational drug, I can say that I do get "high" not a tiny buzz but nothing too intense, and I do everytime I smoke which has been multiple times a day for 6 months now.

So what do you think? And yes I do wish I had more connections, and currently a new job so I could afford the better high grade stuff but where I live if you can find someone with the high grade weed they usually charge a lot as much as 400 an ounce which is too much. And the thought of being higher than I normally get makes me water. (Way more tingles, relaxation, slight more euphoria etc).

SO based off the picture rate it BELOW average, AVERAGE, or slightly above average.

---And for the people who usually only smoke high quality weed, and/or have a tolerance, please think of it as when you didn't have one before you immediately say how it wouldn't get you high etc, because I don't really have a tolerance nor have I smoked a of high quality stuff to call this shit weed immediately. Thanks, hoping for some responses.

Attached Files:

2. Smoke it and find out :p Some of the buds look over cooked by the lights. Not had weed like that before. Maybe someone with experience of smoking can chime in. Only way you will really tell is to smoke it.

3. that almost looks like this stuff we got in vegas called Stress (basically mexican brick weed) it was 5dollars for a fat blunt lol

4. #4 normac, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    Really nicely trimmed so the nugs look real nice, shame about the huge stems but that happens. All in all looks average, most people wouldnt mind toking on some of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Eh. Looks okay. I'd say its below average quality honestly. But if you have no tolerance like you say then it probably will work.

6. It looks decent I suppose.. I mean as long as it works, that's what's important. I can actually see some trichomes on the largest picture so that's good. we can really only tell so much from pictures so smoke it up man  :bongin:

7. I would say definitely pretty low quality grown outdoor with no care for quality. In other words some nasty brick weed. Probably tastes like shit after the first hit maybe a little bit of crackling when you light it. It should burn down to a nice light gray ash all the way through not stay black amd charcoally. Here's a couple picks this is what you should be looking for. Og kush.jpg 20140110_133945.jpg [attachment=14 18086:20140106_122102 (1).jpg]

Attached Files:

8. Its looks more below average to me.  I bought some reggie that looked almost similar to this, but your batch isn't bad, ive seen worse than what you have so you will still get pretty high. Stay faded :smoking:  

9. #9 lifeisflyingaway, Apr 7, 2014
    Interesting answers....

Well here's how I feel, although I am not as experienced with different types of marijuana, I have had a few times where I have been a lot higher off like a joint or something that someone else would have of what they would call "dank" (I used to always wonder what that word meant and hated it lol).

For me personally the things I look for to feel "pretty high" "decently high" or atleast somewhat stoned are:

-Tingly/vibrating body high- I think most of you have or do experience is this. This was the first thing I observed when I first got high and one of my most liked things about marijuana. The feeling of your head and entire body tingling/vibrating sensation thats pleasurable.

- Eyes feeling much heavier aka the typical squinty eyes we're it is hard to keep them open at a normal level and feels relaxed to have droopy squinty eyes.

- General feeling of feeling more high which for me is a pleasurable disconnection physically, but mentally and emotionally I can think and connect things together better. In other words the feeling of "not being there" increases, but not in such a way where it is bad such as the not being there feeling is usually a shitty feeling especially like when coming off amphetamines.

I would like to say that I have been prescribed klonopin (along with other meds that I dont take regularly except the klonopin) and I don't abuse it, and been taking 1mg twice a day for around 9 months. I didn't realize until a few months ago, that whenever I have less or skipped dose of klonopin I get way more higher. The tingling feeling I described is more apparent, so is the relaxation etc when I have less klonopin in my body. Somehow someway the klonopin I realized permanently reduces the marijuana high, as compared to in the past when I would smoke roughly the same quality of weed if not worse and would get real high but I wasn't doing it everyday, so I had a hard time functioning when I got high unlike now.

I started taking omega 3's because of how I heard the benefits it has in general and when it comes to marijuana and how it affects the cb1 receptors aka reducing/preventing the minor damages from marijuana, and allow you to get higher which I take daily twice a day, and haven noticed a quiet a bit difference in being more high than before I added the omega 3's.

They call this stuff "k" where I live now, and no not k2 or the synthetic stuff, from what it seems like from what I know is that obviously it's not above average or anything like that, but definitely not the worst either. I have tried a few times some weed other people were smoking that was literally brown and would produce a very tiny high more like a buzz and considerably weaker than what I have. Since they say the quality of marijuana has increased soooo much even in the last 10-20 years, maybe this would of been considered above average at some point in time? The one time where I tried what was deemed as "good/high quality bud was when I begged one of my coworkers friend to let me have the lest of her tiny joint to try it a few months ago. Unlike the weed shown above where they say a 1/7th is 25 an ounce is 120 (same prices similar weed different dealers) this stuff that she sold was 50 dollars for 1/8 which is usually high quality price. 

Needless to say I did end up smoking the small bit in the joint of "high" grade weed and was curious to analyze the difference. First off the smell was a lot stronger/stickier, and after finishing it, I felt a way more intense body high than normally (real pleasurable), and rather than feeling more tired etc I actually felt real energetic and light and good! (makes me wonder if it was laced). It also created the most powerful pain relieving sensation that I experienced on weed, I had a slight headache as usual but when I finished the joint before I noticed the other effects I mentioned, I felt like my headache and pressure in my head literally wiped away! The only way I can compare it is if someone has done lower quality cocaine, and got the chance to try pretty good coke and the side effects are less and just more euphoric experience.

---I plan on hopefully moving to california for graduate school, and I hear that over there and Denver (where it's legal now) that the type of weed I have, or even worse weed is harder to come across because most people usually are selling higher quality weed and cheaper than 400 an ounce like where I lived (ridiculous).

10. #10 Jingo Dookstain, Apr 7, 2014
    Below, I think.

Edit: To clarify though, it's not anything terrible. Just below the average grade.

|---------[]--|-----------|

I wanna say that's where it looks like for me. Middle being average, of course.

11. #11 lifeisflyingaway, Apr 7, 2014
    Also I dont know if this is true or not, but I smoke out of a pipe (gets me higher, hate blunts/joints for many reasons) and I heard the whiter the ash looks in the bowl after smoking the better the quality of the weed is. I heard if it is black or dark grey ash left behind that indicats lower quality weed. Even though I am aware this is far from the real good types of weed, it does usually leave a pretty whitish residue behind if that means anything.... pic below.

Attached Files:

12. I just realized theirs noway to delete this thread or bump it incase I don't get anymore responses, is their a way to delete threads on here or bump the thread up to the top of the page again?

13. just some average lookin mids id be rollin some blunts

14. I hate blunts, from the beginning I never liked the taste of them. Besides I never had a desire to learn how to roll and find the process time consuming, annoying, and something you have to be good at doing if you want properly rolled blunts/joints.

Also most people usually put 1 gram in a blunt, sometimes a little more or less, but usually the amount the I smoke out of my pipe gets me just as high as blunts (sometimes higher) and it takes up a lot less weed and saves a lot more, so I have no interest in smoking out of blunts. If I had been smoking out of blunts, I would have a very high tolerance right now, and would be angry that I can barely get high.

Also in my personal opinion, the people I usually smoked blunts with were usually smokers of lower quaity weed and didn't know where to or want to buy pipes etc. Anyone I've smoked with in the past that had what was considered "good weed" usually had pipes, bongs, and vaporizers. In a way I just consider glass pipes cooler/classier and more fun to smoke out of besides the fact that they do they get you higher, waste less weed, and maintaining a lower tolerance, they are also much easier than having to roll, something I dont' enjoy.

15. Whatever your prefer buddy I personally couldnt smoke that hay out a pipe

16. I personally couldn't smoke what you call this "hay" out of a blunt. Wastes more weed, takes up more time, don't even get as high or hardly any, and increases tolerance. So yeah whatever you prefer buddy.

17. i understand your taste concern. But it isnt that bad. I dont smoke cigs and it doesnt irritate me to your extent. Maybe havent smoked a lot of blunts?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I mainly have a problem with blunts due to the fact of how much weed they consume, I don't get any higher, they usually increase tolerance dramatically, and I don't like to roll, so even besides the test of blunts their is more to why I don't like them, and i'm sure some other long term smokers would agree.

As for the taste of blunts, I've smoked enough to not like the taste it wouldn't be something I would be saying if I didn't experience let alone several times. Before I used to know smoke shops and buying pipes etc, my friends in the past would go to the gas station and get a blunt wrapper and the "taste" is worse then cigarettes to me. I didn't know till recently that blunt wrappers contain tobbacco or something else that makes them taste that way, and more harmful. And the smell of someone smoking a blunt if i'd be hungover would make literally throw up.

I'm just very anti-blunts from experience, knowledge, and observation. By all means if blunts is what you like go for it. But when I have the money I prefer to invest in long lasting pipes, and other gadgets.

19. $120 an oz aint too bad a price for whats in the pic. I envy you because that grade of weed dont do it for me anymore. It used to back in the 70's, but today i gotta have 20% or more THC in my bud. You are saving money, trust me.  I can smoke $500-600 worth of weed a month by myself. Too bad i cant afford to. Thats why i grow.

20. Those just look like some mids really, nothing too great or too bad.