What Would You like to see out of a subscription service?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by powerpunk5000, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have seen a lot of these "Smoke box" sites opening up, Where for a monthly fee around $20 Plus $8 shipping(usually averages around $30) A month they send you a box of 5 to 8 items that could be pipes, lighters, paper, candy, apparel, magazines, ext.

Thinking this was a good idea and already having a website that was similar to this, Expect it sent you a random item for $10 including shipping. ( completely random no niche) 

But If I were to start this I would like to hear from other people what they would like to see in the box and if they would subscribe to such a service. 

The only idea so far that I think would be different would be to offer a certain item for free every month to a random subscriber, example a pax vape or Gpen or something of a bigger value. I would also use this to promote the site, If the sites reaches 50 subscribers Someone will win this 1ft bong ect. 

What do you think? Any opinions are welcome, Please no rude comments. 

Thanks!

2. sound cool kinda like that birch box thing

3. #4 powerpunk5000, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    this is what I have so far it is a soft launch so the site is not perfect but it is up and running 

Edited

Thats What I'm going for! just cool smoking items! 

4. #5 Shecallsmedaddy, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    That's awesome. When I can swing it, you'll get a customer from me.

cool! Please help spread the word! Thanks ! 

6. definitely. I already have started spreading it.

7. Any tips on helping to spread the word? I can't really post on forums about it without getting banned 

8. I tell my stoner friends and tell them to tell their friends that enjoy smoking. I told my dealer and he told his clients.

You need to pay for advertising.

Yeah, that's my answer now too.

11. I think you should play around with some of the fonts to make it more readable. The font is good for the header/logo but it is hard to read in a smaller font size when you get to the details

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate that! I thought the same thing, I just liked the constant flow of the same style text throughout the whole website, But I will change the smaller text to a more readable style. Any other suggestions and or criticisms would be great! 

Dam whores 

I have been looking at forums for a target audience for advertising but a lot dont offer advertising or there spaces are already filled

13. As a seasoned toker with dispensable income I'm not really enticed by a "random item". Seems like it could be an affordable way for apprentice smokers to try out some new shit. With a better marketing plan you could probably make some paper. But if there's already websites with established customer bases doing the same thing idk...

There are other ways to buy advertising online. Instead of approaching specific websites there are a number of ad services that will rotate your banner ads in and out. They'll show them to people who have searched for things or visit websites that are similar to your service.

15. not gonna lie there are some sites doing it. The point of this post was to get incite so i think you for your opinion! What i could do is offer a box service and release what is going to be in the box that month and people can opt in or out depending if they like the contents of the box that month. the only problem with that is the fact that there will be a lot more inventory that may not move. some if there are 30 ppl subscribing i know exactly how much product to order. Im open to all idea,if you dont mind sharing lol. What would be something that would entice you thats not just a plan website with items listed 

16. It depends on the products. I don't need lighter leashes and blunt splitters but some people might.

Maybe you could offer 3 products to choose from each month and you can switch up the options month to month until you use up your inventory and periodically introduce new products.

I might have to steal this idea, you got lawyers? cuz I do...

lol jk

There is a conduit for advertising here. You need to join the 420 Network.
    http://www.420network.com/advertiser/assisted-ad-placement/

To keep you in good graces I have removed the external links, to include your 2012 one for the auction scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.