What would you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Space Cat, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Doing that would be worse than his opinion sir

2. ive found in my years of life that when you start arguing with a female,

it's best to slap her and get the domestic violonce out of the way,

after that it's just a battle of will power,

and most chicks i know, are way smarter than, me and beat me with high-class word's ina debate,

3. no, i wouldnt disown them, or look down on them. you dont even view them as human.

i would do the right thing. a person like that needs special care, and i do not believe i would have the parenting skill, nor the funding to give the care to the child that they need.

4. I never said I would throw it in the trash or something. I just would never want to care for it. Adoption or a foster home. Whatever the option is.

5. your sick as a human being. dont say you would be doing the same thing as me. i do it because i know i couldnt take care them the way they need, should, and deserve to be taken care of, you do it because you dont get anything in return, you do it because its too much work.

the point of a child isnt to "get anything from it"

i believe you are either heartless, the MOST selfish person ive ever encounterd, or simply sick and need help from a therapist.

6. god damn this thread makes me so mad. alllllls i can say is

FUCK YOU

7. Tell me why people have children then.

You have children to reproduce and have a family. If I were to have a child I would want something from it. I would want the pleasure of watching it grow up, and be happy and successful.

Maybe people are right when they say I'm and asshole. I've even talked to my mom about this and she said she would never want a child like that.

8. nobody would want a child like that. i agree with you there. but if you decide to have children, and then it ends up that they are mentally challenged, they are still a human being, deserving of the same compassion and same care that a child born more fortunate deserves.

tell me, if you had too sons and one grew to be his highschool QB, a star on the team, recruited by colleges, and the other grew into an average student, no stellar accomplishments, no colleges, would you disown him too, just keep the star? because you get something out of that right?

9. honestly if my kid was born severely mentally ill i would give it up for adoption with out a doubt. i couldn't properly care for him/her, and to be honest they scare the shit outta me.
    i don't think i would be able to handle it, doesn't mean i wouldn't care about him/her and i think they deserve a shot at life as much as we do but fuckk man it would just be too much.

10. that is a completely 100% different scenario, not even a valid comparison.

11. Op should leave

12. That's completely irrelevant comparison. My kid wouldn't have to be a star. Just because he's not a famous football player either doesn't mean he wont ever amount to anything. I could still enjoy my time with him and whatnot.

13. regardless if my child is mentally challenged or not I would make a badass dad, so fuck it hell yeah I will take care of a child of mine that is mentally challenged.

I dont care if you dont know any better or not, but you really shouldn't be referring to any human being as, it or thing.

14. the situation wasnt comparing an athelete to a mentally handicapped person or anything. it was to point out the absurdity of disowning a child because they dont amount to what you want them too, or because you dont get anything out of them.
    ex: star athlete he could be proud of, average student, he probably disowns and views as a failure

although i agree with your post above this one, itd be too much for me to take care of a child like that.

15. Give it up for adoption. That's the best thing with your mind.

That's the best I say without judging.

16. I think if you aren't capable of raising your child, mentally challenged or not you should give it up for adoption. Its not about you, its about what is best for that child. A mentally challenged kid is still a person who has a life and deserves a good one just like everybody else. Anyone who thinks otherwise, I honestly feel bad for you.

My neighbors little boy with downsyndrome went missing once and the entire neighborhood searched for him. I went running through the woods and mud like a crazy person. We found him in a storm drain, thank god he was ok. Cutest little boy ever and so sweet.

17. i know but still caring for an average functioning human being is completely different from caring for a severely mentally challenged person. you just can't compare the two.

18. If it was in pain i wouldnt keep it, i wouldnt want a kid living his whole life in pain, i would do this thing for my entire school years called " buddy club" where you hang out with mentally handicapped children, some of them could function as well as me or you but others started crying from all the pain they were in, i wouldnt want anyone to be in that kind of pain.

19. Let's just gas anyone with a mental disability, might as well do them the favor right?

20. i wasnt comparing anything tho, just showing the absurdity of saying he would disown them because they wouldnt amount to anything.