what would you do, if this was your grow.

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by BoyWonder92, Mar 15, 2018.

1. #1 BoyWonder92, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Screenshot_20180312-160313.png 20180314_204147.jpg 20180314_204127.jpg 15210750372431663864808.jpg 20180314_205417.jpg Screenshot_20180312-160313.png 20180314_204147.jpg 20180314_204127.jpg 15210750372431663864808.jpg ok so i recently started the scroging techniques on my plants, uh the one problem is i grow monster ass plants then i scrog them so im kinda left with plants like this in a room its an interesting way to grow but im.chaning the whole method after this because this is just nuts. so the attached pictures are 2 3x3 scroged plants they are like 7ft tall without the scrog i kept them flimys and defloilated thought the veg then i was flowering for what seemed like 3 months, and now i have this..

my question what to lolipop and what should my canopy ontop look like, i want to flip by the end of the week before they reach any taller as i managed to takw them from 7ft tall down to 3.5ft plant on the left /4ft ppant on the right.

im attaching a bunch of photos.

current setup is capable of 1600w, and im running it at about 800w right now. one is a MH and the other is a HPS for the spectrum. i have plenty of ventilation, i run in promix, with a little house recipie a few of my local friends made up with whats available. i personally like aurora soul, but i started adding others in.

2. You need to flower those like last week. Work more on training wide and limiting the top canopy thickness. Indoor lights only make good buds about 18" deep. Most growth below that is larf.

Start from the bottom of the plant and remove all growth from the large branches. Carefully select the smaller stretchy tops that won't amount to much that are reaching towards the top clogging up your light penetration. Remove those too. Supercrop all of your tallest tops horizontal. Usually removing more material then you think is necessary isn't enough. I always think I've removed too much and later in the grow I realize I didn't lollipop enough again.

I've tried LST, topping, ect. I've settled on supercropping. It's my favorite training method now. It's easy mode.
    Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I put my plants on a swivel chair and crouch next to it to lollipop. I keep spinning it around and selecting tops to remove until I'm happy with the thickness of the upper canopy.

This is the last plant I just lollipopped.
    IMG_0889.JPG

4. i kno lol, so what happened was these 2 seeds just grew 10x faster than i expected with the new neutrient recipie i only have a 4x4 veg closet to work with so i wasnt expecting the explosion of growth.. and my flower went longer than expected so shit hit the fan lol and ya i just started lolipoping towards the top of the canopy ill let them rest for the night defoliate the fans and let it rest for 5 days then flip for flower is my ultimate plan

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you want plants that big I'd scrog after their about 20 inches off the top of the pot build a 7ft scrog screen and watch them go you'll have 7 ft plant but it'll only be about 30in tall

6. You can always bonsai them down to fit in the flower area if you have enough headroom. Large plants = large yields. I also grow very large plants but I've got training methods down enough to shape them to the right size to fill the area wall to wall. I use a 4x8x80" tent split in half into a 4x4 veg and 4x4 flower area. 240 watts of 4 x qb120's in veg and 570 watts of 4 x qb304's in flower. It's yielding between 23oz's to 2 pounds every 10 weeks.

This is last crop before I cut down the first plant in the front. Notice the wall to wall profile and 18-24" thickness of the plant canopy thinned out until I get the light penetration I want. Do that and you'll be maximizing the potential of your space. This is 3 DWC plants. Grand Daddy Purple in the front. Blue Dream Right Rear. Blueberry left rear. I've been really enjoying this harvest. Stony stuff and tasty. My favorite harvest yet even though far from my largest.
    IMG_8831.JPG

7. I tip when there 8 nodes high and start training once each branch is a foot long
    [​IMG] 8 plants in total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. I've waited on training until they are 2 feet tall and to me it makes no difference. With two rooms I have on average 10 weeks to get a plant ready to flower. You can be pretty lazy about it when you have that kind of time. Supercrop the main top after it's a foot or two tall and most strains turn into a bush from that single step. Some take a few more bends but it really doesn't take much to make a pretty wide hedge with lots of tops. How much training a plant needs is pretty strain dependent. Some will resist training and stretch like a mofo and some make bushes on their own.

Check out the plant I pictured earlier. It's getting towards done now. It's 7 weeks since flip in this picture. This plant has never been topped or LST'd. All I've done is bend the main top branch a few times flat, train the rest of the branches away from it and lollipopped from the bottom up. No scrog in the way. No strings tied to the plant at all. Still getting an even canopy of many tops.
    IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0910.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spectacular results TBone. One could argue that "training" the branches away from the main stem (once folded) is a form of LST. Now don't misunderstand, this is purely semantics. Very inspiring method. Thanks for sharing.

10. What do you do with 2 pounds every 10 weeks? That's just short of 1/2oz every day. I really hope you're growing for others.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I'm lazy so I put off switching out the flower plant and let the other veg a little longer. I still haven't switched them. I think it's a month or so overdue.

My wife and I do smoke quite a bit and like to give it away to friends. I think we go through somewhere close to an OZ a week. I also only really jar up larger choice buds and use all my larf for tinctures and edibles. I have pounds of dried/decarbed bags of trim from a few crops. I'll never run out of edible/rosin press material.

I waited most of my life to be able to grow my own bud. I'm just so thankful that I no longer have to buy my own. I finally have more then I need. It only took about 25 years to get there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1