Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What would happen if you took ate live marijuana leaves straight from the plant?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jne_Uwambe, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Would you just get high? Would you get sick? Would nothing happen? I've always wondered why people smoke it and not just eat it raw.

I know it probably gets you higher quicker, but what are the facts?

2. If you even ate the BUD raw you'd still have to eat around a pound of some pretty dank stuff to ever get high... THC is heat activated which is why we smoke, vaporize, cook it in foods, or soak it in fatty substances. :)

3. You could eat weed raw but you need heat in order to activate the THC, this is why people prefer cooking, smoking, or vaping the weed instead of just eating it raw, not only will it possibly make you sick but its extremely cost defective and will require large amounts of weed. The only way to eat weed is to cook it in to oils and fats, such as making cannabutter and then making brownies or what not.

Please correct me if I am wrong, hope this helped.

4. You dont need heat to activate, firecrackers and green dragon/tinctures both can be made with or without heat. ;)

Heat is simply a catalyst, which is why if you ate it raw it would require way more bud than via smoking or cooking it to achieve the same effect.

5. This. :)

6. do cannabanoids(sp) become activated?or w/e

7. when weed is eaten raw THC is not activated
    u need to smoke it or eat with fatty acids

8. Again, you are wrong.

I've also seen THC lemonade/tea made without heat.

9. So can you just soak weed in oil without heat and get the THC? Like can I just mix weed in peanut butter and leave it for a few days and then eat it?

10. weed and peanut butter is a fireckracker, so ya, if you leave it out for like 2-3 days it'll work.

11. yea don't waste your time you'd waste all your weed bruh

12. Ya... no THC is not activated when heated. I've made firecrackers without any heat at all. The only thing that heat does is speed up the process for the THC to absorb into the food or w/e your making. For example if you want to make a firecracker in 45 minutes opposed to a day or two you would heat it. Enough said.

13. Yeah. Mix up like a gram of bud with 1-2 spoonfulls of peantbutter, and put them inbetween two grahm crackers. Wrap them up in foil and set them aside for 3 days.

Then munch down and enjoy.

14. Can I just put them in a drawer, or do they have to be refrigerated?

15. Most people don't realize it, but peanut butter doesn't really have a shelf life. At about 18 months after manufacture it starts to break back down into separate liquid and solids. But mixing it fixes it. The flavor also starts to change after about a year, but it's still very edible. Since nobody really wants to test it out to the limit, most peanut butter companies say 18 months.

Peter Pan Peanut Butter — FAQ

So, long story short.... You're fine leaving it wrapped in tinfoil and out or in a drawer. :)

16. Will it smell at all?

17. Nothing would happen. Thc has be be heated to activate.

18. That statement has been debunked several times now in about 500 threads. The heat is a catalyst, but creating tinctures using alcohol, etc, works just fine without heat. Heat can speed the process in some preparations, but is certainly not necessary to isolate the requisite compounds. That being said; eating marijuana 'leaves' won't have much of an effect since most of the thc is found in the bud. But clippings do contain some thc which is what makes them such an excellent candidate for QWISO. That preparation actually requires no heat, yet extracts far more thc than just eating it would. The stomach just isn't an environment that contains the right lipid or alcohol based enzymatic mix to be able to break it down into the useful cannabinoids that you're looking for. Some does get out, but you won't feel much beyond a bit light headed I believe.

19. i would recommend using a fried chicken breading and bread a nug. once the nug is breaded deep fry it. tastes descently good and it gets u high

20. yeahh ive heard that thc is also "acid solubule", aka acidic things such as lemon juice can extract the thc out, and this is why you CAN get high from eating bud, because your stomach is very acidic, and absorbs the thc and gets you high, you just need to eat more then you would need to smoke, so its not worth it to eat it raw, thats why people either smoke it or extract and enhance the thc into other substances, n get the most out of it.