What will you tell your kids?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sir Stoner, Mar 7, 2013.

1. So many of you are already parents, but im just wondering, what are you going to tell your child about santa being fake and at what age? And what age did you find out

2. Idk. I never even believed in santa. Momma said he flew around the world in a sled and I called bullshit.

3. Well my parents never told me about Santa because we dont celebrate christmas but it really didnt bother me cause I would've NEVER believed some dude would come down your chimney and give you presents..

4. Im not going to tell my kid about santa. Im starting my own traditions.

5. Yea have the weed man be santa instead...he delivers goodies all the time to the needy :smoking:

6. I'm glad I'm not a parent, having to make decisions like that. One one side, I have really fond memories of Christmas morning. There was a magical feel to way presents would just appear on that day.

But on the other side, I don't think I could dupe my kids like that. In principle I think it's terrible to fool someone who you love and trusts you, just to make them feel better. You should only do something like that if you really have to.

7. Im not going to have children. Planet has enough of us, I'll adopt instead, when I have the resources necessary to nurture a child.

8. Rearrange "santa" and you get "satan"

9. they'd probably call bullshit early like i did. i remember telling other third graders he wasn't real and getting in trouble lmao

10. Rearrange god you get dog.

I would tell my kids about santa. They will figure out on their own when he isn't real. They will choose when the magic ends. Christmas time is my favorite time of the year easily, I get into the Christmas spirit lol. I remember all my Christmases, not being able to sleep, watching christmas movies, loving Santa Claus, that unforgettable feeling when you first all those presents. It's unexplainable, and my kid won't miss out :)

11. Fuck santa, my kids will believe that Dumbledore magics the presents under the tree ;D