What will this drug test test for?

Discussion in 'General' started by Perfekt, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Hey, i have to take a drug test for a job and it says on the piece of paper the type of drug tset is "SAP 5-50 W/ NIT" any ideas?

2. SAP is Substance Abuse Panel, 5-50 means they test for 5 drug types with a 50ng cutoff for THC, and the w/NIT means they'll also be testing the sample for nitrates (usually found in adulterants).

3. The SAP stands for Substance Abuse Panel, 5-50 is the 5 usual drug tests(cannabinoids, amphetamines, opiates, pcp, and cocaine), and the 50 is the cutoff for thc(50 ng). The NIT means that they test for adulterants(nitrates).
    damn beat me to it.

4. Since Perfekts question has been answered, is 50 ng a high or low cutoff?

5. I'm pretty sure it's the lowest allowed by law but it's still moderately high (ie you can be exposeed to second hand smoke and still pass).

6. I havent smoked in a while so i should be good but i drank last night, but that wasnt listed. So im ok right?

7. 50 is pretty much the commonly accepted cutoff. Pretty sure there's no laws with DT's, the cutoff could be 0.. which would totally suck :eek:

Yeah you'll be fine man, they don't test for alcohol.

8. kk good deal. I need this job for the discount for all the stuff for my apartment next year

9. Sounds good, is it at a furniture store or something?

10. No, its at best buy. And I got drunk again last night lol and im going in, in about 2 hours, so your SURE they dont test for alchy, even though im 19

11. workin at best buy sucks. makesure your not a rep1

12. ive already worked there before. It wasnt too bad, and the discount makes it worth it

13. I'm not sure. But the standard five-panel drug test that employers use is:

Marijuana
    Cocaine
    Amphetamines
    Opiates
    PCP

But, I know when I was on probation, I also got tested for:

Alcohol
    Barbituates
    Benzodiazepines (Xanax and other stuff like it)
    Methadone

14. even if they do test for alch it will clear your system by the time they ask you to drop its around 30 mins per shot of liqour or a beer i belive, so dont sweat it you will be a ok.

15. coke pot pcp illegal bars heroin i'd guess.

16. my parents use this test and send it to a lab. will benzos show up?