Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What will get you more higher, Taking big hits or taking alot more smaller hits???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dank bud, Oct 25, 2009.

1. The title says it all, I was just wondering because i always try nd take big rips nd hold them in for 10-15 seconds and i wanted to kno if i would get more high if i just smoked it all in small puffs

2. If you're taking hits from a blunt and everyone is doing the same thing in the end youll get the same amount of smoke in your lungs as you would the other way around so I say there is no difference as long as everyone's doing it the same way.

3. im talkin about when im jus tokin up a bowl to myself, when i smoke blunts with my friends were always doin french inhales,mushroom clouds and any other trick that seems cool.

4. :rolleyes:

5. i can only get to a certain point. i dont feel i get higher. i feel i get more tired.

I like to get to my satisfaction point is to take a few hits sit back and see how i feel. I like to work my way to my peak of high.
    But most of the time I like to be lifted. and enjoy everything instead of being a zombie.

6. All the stuff you see when you exhale a huge hit is the THC you don't absorb..so it would make sense that more smaller hits = better

• Like Like x 1

7. moral of this story is: Buy good sativa strains instead of that pansy indica shit

You can always get higher :) Try a volcano

8. Not even, it's smoke from burning the bud.
    And I've read somewhere 95 % of the THC is absorbed in like 5 seconds.

9. I take huge hits, gets me higher.

10. smaller hits are better, as if you take a huge rip from a bong and hold it in, your lungs only absorb some of the THC, so when you blow out, quite a bit of THC gets wasted, If you just do smaller hits and absorb a lot of the THC over a longer period of small bongs, you'll get so much higher using a smaller amount that you think you need.

This will save you money, and weed. So good when you only have a little bit weed/hash and you get much higher than you thought you would due to loads of small bongs instead of a few massive rips :)

Hope this helps.;)

11. depends, id say big hits and ghosting it gets you alot higher quicker then small ones, long as your not wasting any.

12. Well, like a 70% Sativa, 30% Indica strain like Skunk Red Hair is perfect to me.

13. I've done lots of experimenting with ways to get higher this was one of them and my conclusion was if my tolerance is high i take large hits and hold them in for 5+ seconds i noticed that if i smoke a bowl with little hits with high tolerance it only makes me tired/ burnt out but if i take big hits its more energetic, rushing and stronger, i think its comparable to taking shots vs drinking slow, shots get you drunker if ur not wastefull.

14. I'd rather just take one massive bong hit than 5 small ones.

15. If you are inhaling the same amount of smoke, you will get equally as high. The difference is that fewer, big hits will hit you harder and faster than smoking slowly, which will creep up on you more. And by the way, holding it in for 10 - 15 seconds is only doing unnecesary damage to your lungs, as, although no official study has been done it is generally thought that THC is absorbed within 3 - 6 seconds of being inhaled.

16. i was just wonderin but i usually just pack the bong and take it all in one rip and get pretty chopped lol

17. I would assume smaller hits would be better, but who doesn't like testing their limits on taking huge hits.:smoke:

18. more higher

19. Take the biggest hits your comfortable with and hold it in for atleast 7 seconds, works everytime

20. i dont really think it matters to be honest. if you take alot of small hits and cash a bowl it is the same as taking one big hit and cashing the bowl.. you absorb the same amount of thc. as long as the bowls have the same amount in them. the only thing i could say thats bad about taking a big rip is that it is harder to hold it in. and by the way dont hold in your hits for more than 5 to 7 seconds. people say to inhale it and hold it in for as long as you can but realistically the thc is absorbed into the lungs within the first 5 seconds.. you think your getting higher from holding it in for 20 seconds because your loosing oxygen to your brain and killing your brain cells. in fact when it comes to methods of using drugs( smoking,snorting,shooting up,eating,drinking etc.) smoking is actuallly the quickest to take affect. .. my favorite way to get high is to pack a little "green rip" in a bong and killing it in one hit. hold it in for about 5 seconds and exhale. then repeat untill i have achieved the desired affects.