What,When,How,Where to Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SaveThyRoaches, Jan 1, 2007.

1. As my title suggestes i am starting a tread to get some tips on my first grow i am looking for a good high yeild easy to grow plant and would like a these out of your post pref.
    1.What strain
    2.basic idea of how much yeild per plant
    3.apx. cost and time
    4.How many plants do you think i can handle adiqutely and still get some good stuff
    ~savethyroaches~

2. 1. Do research on what strain seems best for you.
    2. When reading about different strains, you will learn about how much they yeild, and....
    3. How hardy that strain is.
    4. You can handle one plant and get some good stuff, or you can grow 50 plants and get some good stuff. Soil is recommended for first time growers, because it is the most forgiving.
    The number one piece of advice I can give you is to read a shitload before you attempt to grow anything. This will save you a lot of grief, time, and money down the road.

3. ok thank you for the advice

4. 1. For a first grow my standard recommendation is either bagseed if you have it or Northern Lights -- it is fairly easy to grow, resilient, stays low, generally low odor, and quite potent.

2. Way too many variables to predict yield -- how about anywhere from half an ounce to over a pound? For a first grow I suggest that 1-1.5 oz per plant is a good expectation.

3. Way too many variables to predict cost. Time: veg for 4-12 weeks (depending on how long you want and the space you have to handle a larger plant), flower for 8-12 weeks (depends mostly on genetics, you can't really speed this up or slow it down much)

4. No way to answer this, depends on things we can't evaluate from here. Start small, you can do more on later grows. If you are not using feminized seeds, and thus your seeds will have a 50/50 chance of being male, be sure to germinate about twice the number of plants you think you can handle -- for example, growing out two females would be a good goal so germinate 4-5 seeds.