what went wrong

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zoopc, Jan 18, 2010.

1. #1 zoopc, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
    i had a eazyrider going great about a week in to it. used 4-23w 65k bulbs. would have to water every other day but I think I skipped a day and that might have been it but also though maybe the yellow on the leaves might have been the soil I had was already ferted and the lack of water for one day made them get nute burn.

but I am a novice. I am getting ready to start a new one as soon as I get a grow tent and some more lights for, had to do a drastic move and tossed pc case I had it in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is what it looked like before

[​IMG]

thinking back I also had to put the case in a closet for a few days so maybe a heat issue

what ever the case, let me know so I can start to prepare for round two

2. I think they died because you over watered them, if they were only a week old they probably drowned because they couldn't use the water fast enough.

To check if they need watering , poke your finger a inch or two in the soil if its dry go ahead and water them.

Also at a week old they dont need fertilizer, use organic soil next time. you can use fertilizer once they are more established (after 2-4weeks of vegging).

Also lack of water doesn't cause nute burn, nute burn is when there is to much fertillizer and salts in the soil that it becomes toxic to the plants.

Good Luck on your next grow.

3. sounds like ya over rather than underwatered, but that plant looks "burnt", be it from heat, or nutes!:(

4. You made two mistakes: the first is you heavily overwatered, seedlings only need water every 3 to 5 days. Next, you got soil with nutes already in it, which is a big killer of seedlings, the soil is usually too "hot" for them.

5. seemed like it did great for the first week. come to think of it might have been two weeks. i felt down in it and it almost always seemed dry to me. i figure it was doing great up until t he move into the closet and then forgetting to water it. it was very brittle when I took it out finally

ok so next time don't get miracle grow. seems to be all the lowes had at the time. I would like to do hydro entirely but still need to get a few successful grows under my belt now