Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what went wrong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ab232, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ok so I smoked in my bathroom, doing the hot water steam trick? whatever its called lol.. and this was on friday... so the last 3 days this shit keeps coming back after I take a shower lol.. and my parents smelled it.. cuz they use both bathrooms when getting ready to do shit.. they were like hmm it smells like mj lol.. must be upstairs.. i used a joint.. i had the water steaming.. maybe not enough? the only other thing i can think of is the vent.. i used glade air freshner.. can anyone help me out? what can i do next time so there wont be a smell..?

thanks

2. THERE IS NO HOT WATER STEAM TRICK. IT'S AN URBAN LEGEND.

The reason smoking in the bathroom works is they frequently have a vent to the outside, often with a fan. you turn the fan on and it sucks out all the weed smell just like it's designed to suck out all the shit smell.

If the fan in your bathroom doesnt cut it, then it doesnt cut it. if you didn't have it on, turn it on.

DO NOT use a joint when you need to be stealthy indoors. It has a much higher smoke to highness ratio than a pipe.

3. thanks pinball.. hmmm there is definteley no fan tho lol

4. just get some incense and if your dont toke it up outside your garage

5. Why don't you just go outside?
    Sorry if that sounds unhelpful bro but that's pretty much the only foolproof answer.

6. i live in manhattan dont really have any private space.. :(

7. Oh right...well in that case
    Get a vape. Way better for your lungs; doesn't smell like weed unless your a seasoned toker whose been vaping for a while; conserves weed blah blah blah...
    or make a sploof. Just search these forums, a sploof is a finished toilet paper roll stuffed with dryer sheets; you blow the hit in there and smoke comes out the other end smelling like daisies and shit haha. Yeah use a sploof, and blow hits out the window, you should be sweet

8. haha word! thanks L!

9. yes,.

10. yeah dude if you dont have a vent or maybe a window then dont smoke in your bathroom.. i use vent and window and a bucnh of soaps to make it smell good

11. can i use the sploof in the bathroom?! lol

12. #12 sikander, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    Yes, you can. Just don't get it wet.

What I've found to be pretty much foolproof is incense + 5-sheet sploof + exhale NEAR a window but not OUT of it. If you exhale out the window... well, it looks like you're blowing smoke out your window. You want to let the smoke dissipate a little. (Of course, if nobody sees your window from the outside it doesn't really matter)

13. its rly simple:

1. use a sploof
    2. DONT SMOKE A JOINT INSIDE...EVER
    3. towel under door
    4. spray
    5. turn the fan on and if possible blow out the window

14. well said

15. shit all i have is a joint lol.. whats wrong with them? just let out alot of smoke.. im not doing it when my rents are here.. im doing it when they are gone so im just gunna use alot of febreze!

16. #16 sikander, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    Get some glass. Like there's no headshops in Manhattan? If you look hard enough you should be able to find some bitchin' glass for super cheap. My friend just got this awesome locally-blown piece for like $12, hits like a champ and is pretty well-designed to catch ash and shit.

Joints cherry, creates a lot of waste smoke when you're by yourself. Best bet is to smoke outside, really, or give yourself at least a half-hour in your place alone to let the smoke clear out.

17. yeah i know.. but i like smoking joints/blunts lol..

i mean my parents wont be home so would it be a problem if i used a joint?!

18. The old sneak and smoke. It's risky and sometimes it isn't stealthy enough. It goes from being a sneak and smoke, to just a smoke and get-screamed-at-by-your-parents. First off, the hotwater helps, but is pointless if there is not a vent. How it works is since warm air rises, the steamy hot shower air rises up, and takes the cannabiss scent with it to the ceiling, where the vent can suck it out. With no vent, the smell just stays.

19. ^yeah so im gunna try the sploof and smoke out the window with it..

20. Well, you can smoke a joint at home... I recommend strongly doing it out your window or on a balcony if you can, and a sploof will help some but not a whole heckuva lot because of said waste smoke. Try some incense, too. Just have an excuse ready for why you need your room to smell strongly of sandalwood lol.