What was going through the minds of kamikaze?

Discussion in 'General' started by hydrohashish, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Watching footage from ww2 on kamikaze attacks really made me go "what the fuck were they thinking?" trying to imagine what their last moments were and how crazy it must of been for united states sailors.

Really amazing footage shown on the history channel, I personally would be scared shitless because even if you shoot at them, they're still going to crash into your house

2. "Death to Americaaaaa!!!!"

3. ooohhhhh sssshhhiiittttt!! boom.

4. 'haiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-"

5. I came through thinking youre talking about liquor

6. "I never did find Waldo..."

7. I'm watching the same thing on The History Channel now.

Didn't they give them some amphetamines to get them all juiced up and ready to die in a fiery blaze of honor and glory?

8. ain't no sea deep enough to keep me from gettin' to you baby

9. The last thing to go through their mind was their ass!:p

10. I recall the leaders of japan manipulating the shogun honor into suicide bombing.

But in Somalia the militia there did use amphetamines to get their soldiers all wild.

11. Lol @ all these one liners

12. they mighta been scared, but i doubt they were scared shitless. i take it these men understood their fate and had plenty of time to come to terms with what would happen. they also had a serious sense of honor from what i understand, and might have considered it their moral responsibility.

if it was an order, unless it was a moral imperative to me i personally would have been shot as a dissenter. i will never dig my own grave.

13. I can see them seeing it as honorable. In the same way a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save his squad would.

14. Probably the same thing modern day suicide bombers think

15. "Like a virgin... touched for the very first tiiiiiime..."

16. I think that is different because That would be an example of minimizing damage to your friends. Kamikazes were all about maximizing damage and creating chaos.

17. But the maximizing of damage was done in defense of their country and it's citizens(in THEIR minds).

18. I guess in sorts, minimizing the damage to their country.

19. Well at Pearl Harbor it was done in extreme offense...

There were a few kamikazes at Pearl IIRC.

20. but what's that about? it's about scaring off the bad guys, so that they don't come and drop bombs on us. or it's about sinking the ships that have all the bombs on them before they arrive and bomb us.