What Type?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sneakz, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Hi im going to buy some seeds to try and grow some green. What type of seed would you reccomend to a absolute beginner like myself?

Also im only looking to get some cheap lighting at first. What would be the best to get?

2. Northern Lights. Potent, hardy, grows relatively low, and sometimes grows with low odor.

3. im using 4 like 60in cfls probably less then $30 in lighting

4. hmm, theres alot of types of northern light. Ive been looking at differnet lighting, but i dont know what ones to buy. I dont understand all these short terms for different lighting:eek:

5. I always heard that northern ights were the hardest to grow and not to mention some of the most expenseive types out there.

I would personally recommend a new lowryder strain that is mixed with blueberry. They develope nice small buds like chrismas trees, they are fast, minimal smell, not much light needed, cheap seeds, grow very small, skip vegetative stage so goes directly to flowering.

This will allow you to mess around with a bunch of soil and lighting conditions to see how you prefer to work out the process. Everyone has different lifestyles so the plants have to be in good conditions. Easy to grow and very fast. Good Luck

6. Hmmm, ive just looked on the drchronic.com, i think im going to buy them as soon as ive worked out what type of lighting im going to need. Will also buy a ph tester, how do i raise and lower the ph of the water? Ive read through the guides on here but still cant figure it out.

Also, what is the cheapest type of lighting i can get? With a pack of 10 seeds will they all be female? or am i able to buy just female seeds...?

Thanks

7. anyone? any information would be appreciated

8. I use lemon juice to lower my water a bit.But i believe you can get ph up and down in the fish aisle at big box mart(wally world)

9. Don't know who ever said NL is hard to grow. As for price, just check out the seedbanks. Lowryder is, pardon my French, crap. It is cross-bred with cannabis ruderalis, the third major cannabis type, that produces virtually no THC. The benefit is that is stays short and flowers automatically, but if the bud doesn't get you hight what's the point? Don't know about lowryder crossed with blueberry, but I still would stick to genetics that are only from sativa and indica with no ruderalis in the mix.

"Cheapest" lighting is CFLs (compact fluorescent lights), which are the twisty light bulbs that are all the rage now as energy-saving substitutes for incandescent bulbs to use as home lighting. They fit in a regular household socket and have a ballast built in. But you will generate more light per watt of electricity consumed by going with MH or HPS lighting.

You can buy feminized seeds, and I recommend you do. It must say they are feminized, otherwise it will be a potluck mix of male and female. Doc Chronic and other seedbanks identify lines of feminized seeds.

As StarGatherer said, you can buy pH Up and pH Down in a pet store. Lemon juice is acidic (as is vinegar) and both can be used to lower pH, but they tend to wash right out of soil and the pH is back up the very next day.

10. oh nice one, i plan to get everything sorted and start growing in january, just getting all the bits i need together and making sure that i know what im going to do before i start.

:rolleyes:

11. On how much money you want to spend....

12. I don't get it. What's with the "roll eyes (sarcastic)"?

13. It was ment to be a smile lol, thats what i thought it was.

Erm my budget it probobally £100. Could go over if needed.