what type of soil should I use?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by the bear smokey, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Hey everyone. I am about to start my lowryder#2 autos. I wanna know what kind of soil would be best? I always use fox farms. So what would be best for autos fox farm ocean forest or happy frog?

2. either one works great

3. ok thank you...

4. Ocean Forest and add 1 part perlite to it. Fox farm can be a little hot. Perlite will cut it and give you better drainage.

5. I grew my LR2 in ffof with some bat guano mixed in. The plant loved it from seed to harvest.

6. ok thank you. I do use ocean forest. So I was just curious which would be better for lowryder#2 autos. thanks again for the replies. So I have 3 ocean forest and 1 both is good and 0 happy frog.

7. half ffof and half happy frog

8. For seedlings and most autos ocean is a little hot. I'm with the mixing half and half w happy frog.

9. ok I seen a blog where someone said to just use happy frog soil.

10. I still don't know where people get the idea that ffof is "hot" for seedlings. Is this from experience, or from he said she said type of deal?

11. My FF experience with seedlings is that it's too hot. This is true for clones as well if you switch them over to FF.

Seedlings may have stunted growth and clones will dry out and burn up after transplanted into straight FF.

This is my personal experience of course. I always add perlite.

12. [quote name='"Phenotype"']

My FF experience with seedlings is that it's too hot. This is true for clones as well if you switch them over to FF.

Seedlings may have stunted growth and clones will dry out and burn up after transplanted into straight FF.

This is my personal experience of course. I always add perlite.[/quote]

Different strains must do better than others as well, because I use Ocean Forest for my girls from seed/clone to harvest and never have any issues as long as I allow enough time for them to use the available nutrients in the soil before I start adding to it.

13. ffof is real airy and happy frog is real dense so thats why i say mix them..with some extra perlite for good measure..plus they both have things in them the other doesnt

14. ocean forest has nutes in the soil already some strains will get burns or die when switched to ffof in some experiences

like it was said this can be avoided with mixing the soil

but i dont see an issue with low ryder ive grown those fucking things in swamps

15. I know ffof is fertilized, but so is ff light warrior and happy frog. I personally have yet to experience any burns on my seedlings with my ffof/bat guano mix.

16. imo guano is the way to go all the way i dont use any other nutes other than neptunes here and there

17. ok thank you for the info.

18. This grow I seeded with Happy frog and transplanted to FFOF and the plants are loving it. I did add worm castings, perlite and some moo-nure to the FFOF also. Didn't need to start nutes until 4-5 weeks.

19. ok thank you mellotoker.