what type of soil for autos ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bud E Josh, Jul 15, 2010.

1. hello im new and dont know what to plant my autos in some one told me fox farm ocean breeze can i just buy that and be good or do i have to buy other stuff for my autos to live and grow ????? :wave:

2. get some Scotts top soil (red and white bag) at home depot or lowes it has peat moss in it which is good for seeds. use that for 3 weeks in a plastic cup like a large soda cup at taco bell.

then transplant into fox farm ocean forest if you can get it, only from special plant only stores. has enough nutes for autos in it, enough to get an auto to harvest, but you can add flowering nutes lightly during budding use fox farm big bloom.

and read some more....

3. or you can just start off with a 3 or 5 gallon pot full of that stuff, directly plant it and you're good to go.

4. or you can read more like I did and figure it out the old fashioned way although Im only 32:cool:

5. I would think 3-5 gallon containers might be an overkill and a waste of good soil and grow space. These plants don't grow to tall and a pot of 2 gallon or, even less should be sufficient for the roots without getting root bound.
    Your probably not just going to grow one plant at a time and smaller pots mean less soil, less ferts and more space=saved $$.

On a second note growing with hydro your plants would aquire more bud sites in the short time that autos veg and you can pump up the flowers with some good flowering nutes for bumper crops.

6. 1 ga. pots with GOOD soil will get you maybe 4 weeks in. you will need some flowering nutes.