What type of Aeroponic system should I buy?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by fanatic_x, Mar 3, 2006.

1. I am moving onto to Aeroponics, I have heard it is about two times better then Hydroponics. When I search for Aeroponic systems I can not find a good one for Cannabis, it seems that it is mainly for other plants such as tomatoes. Does anyone know a really good Aeroponic system, and can you please add the link and possible a few. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you

2. There is no specific Cannibus Aeroponics system... Any of the systems will work for you doenst matter which... The only difference is the spacing between the plants which you should take into concideration when using a ready built system.

This is why you should opt to build your own system which is very easy to do.

Here is a nice read.

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/1378.html

Response time : 5hrs 16min

3. Dier Wolf, you seem to be big into building things yourself. I admire that. Some times people don't have time, tools, or skills, to build everything custom. And if you count your time as value custom is often the most expensive way to go. Henry ford and his little assembly line idea pretty much proved that. Ya people still build cars by hand but more as a hobby or toy than because it is cost efective. Don't get me wrong, I gree that a craftsman can construct perfectly functional things and often they are better for a given use or space than comercially built equipment. However, the other side of the story is that there are highly educated and skilled people out there building well thought out precision manufactured equipment that can be bought installed and put into use right now. Requiring no shop, tools, engineering skills, or time to accomplish. Sometimes if you live in an appartment, rental home, have job, go to school, raise children or such it is just not cost effective to build everything yourself.

4. Well thats your oppinion,

My oppinion is, it takes very little skill and very little money to build one of these things and it does not take more than 2 hours for a large one even if you dont know what your doing.

for the price of some of these systems you can build 3 to 4 of them yourself.

But yes some people are even afraid to try and end up buying these things. there is no
    big Science involved in making these systems, someone is just reaping the rewards by premaking them.

Like i said before maybe i should make some and sell them on ebay for 1/2 the price and still make 100% profit.

5. Dierwolf has mad respect from me. Do-it-yourself'ers like to have their grow system built the way they want it. I've built small rubber maid aeroponic systems and they really ARE NOT hard to build at all, some PVC, special sprayers, and a strong pump that can push 90 PSI I believe. Also, building your own system is a huge learning experience, go ahead and try to fix a store bought aero system without calling tech support. Not only that, but you can customize your system to fit your spacing needs, and even to fit the growing style you choose.

-Rob

6. i have to agreree with Dier, building yourself is less expensive and rather easy for the many of us that are mechanically inclined. As for building an aeroponic system, all it take is some study on different articles to see how they are built and a trip to Home Depot. I checked out this: http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=AMA210#
    I have to agree with the one review of this product. For MJ, the plants are spaced too close together. And, How do you stoip the sprayers from clogging?

peace

7. deos anyone know of a good (and inexpensive) pump one could use for these? I've tried several and never really got what I wanted out of them.

As for the misters clogging... that's just the bitch of it. The system I bought I tried some pre-filters and stuff, but they were pretty pointless (as I suspected) because they just clogged too. Maybe if the pre-filters were built bigger...

what I had to end up doing is just changing the misters out each week (I had two sets) and soaking them in soda water. The next week, the soaked ones went on and the ones in use got soaked... etc.