what to use to keep bugs away?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Toxicitysk, Jul 20, 2008.

1. i am kinda growing outdoors and i know my plants are going to get eaten alive, so what can a do to keep them away!?:smoking:

2. just goto any good plant shop and ask for a plant safe spray, if you put a tub of beer neer your plant slugs will fall straight into that and drown themselfs in a beer-booze.

to keep deer away sombody mentiond putting your hair neer the plant so they can smell you

im quite high and thats the best advice i can give:hello::smoking:

3. You can buy bug repelants at any garden store which wont hurt your plants.
    Failing that buy a fly swat and sit down for a few months.

4. You won't need a fly swat, but every hour you spend tending your plants means more buds for you and fewer for the bugs.

A big problem is the apple moth. They lay eggs all over the buds, and the caterpillars burrow into the buds, destroying them. They like to go up to the cola buds, too, which is the worst.

Keep your eye out for little white eggs. They WILL hatch into bud eating pests. Destroy them. When they hatch they are super small and hard to find, but not impossible. They leave a trail of poop, so sometimes it's easy to find them quickly. Get them before they destroy your harvest.

Nets can be useful to keep the bugs off. IF you're really dedicated you can make a light weight net that you can put over your crop each evening and take of in the morning. That will protect your plants from night time fliers.

Good luck.

5. I got me a midget and a flyswatter on Ebay.

Works great!!

:D

Cayenne powder, tobacco, dish soap. Soak for a couple days then drain through cheese cloth or coffee filter then spray on plants. If that doesn't work you can try a commercial bug spray but get something safe for veggies. Be carful what ya use if it is budding.

If you are growing legally get beetle bag and some of those yellow stick bug things and lay them on the ground near it. The yellow will draw attention if not legal.

6. i've tried 3 things so far this year (first grow), Safer (brand) insecticidal soap with seaweed extract, Bonide fruit tree spray and a garlic recipe i made. the garlic has worked the best so far.

what i do: i basically mix a ton of dried minced garlic and garlic powder in a big ass cup, stir it up, let it sit, stir it up more.. then dump it into a spray bottle, leaving most of the garlic chunks in the cup. it works well, but rain washes it off easily.