What to soak my rockwool in

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by guitarman8485, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Hey I have cloned for awhile just with ph`d water with lemon juice and ive been seeing other people use nirvana and hygrozyme etc.I would like to try this and see what results i can get i currently have great white nirvana hygrozyme and foxfarm base nutes which of these and how much should i soak my rockwool in and for how long?any advice will help.

2. Soak them in plain water, I always skip the PH part. 

For what it's worth, most water should be fine. Clones don't really require nutrients, not like there are any available in rockwool, so locking out nutrients isn't of concern. Controlling PH is just a simple way to avoid nutrient lockouts.

If you can drink it, they probably can too. 

I soak mine until they are saturated. Then toss them around in my hand to remove some of the water so they aren't completely waterlogged. 

3. #3 doob3r, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
    just water.
    It wont need to feed until shortly after it builds a solid root structure. than you can start feedings at 1/2 strength or less and work your way up keeping an eye on ph/ppm

4. yeh they only need plain water but make sure its lukewarm, don't use ice cold water as the clones don't like it

5. Yeah sometimes i run low in space in my veg area and have to set my dome in the doorway on the floor and it takes twice as long to root bc the floor is cold i think its more the baby root tips that dont like it lol they hate that cold shit!