What to look for in a pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Larry Sellers, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I just started smoking not too long ago and want to buy a bowl. What different traits should I look for? Other than aesthetics of course.

2. Thick glass! Especially if you're clumsy.
    A carb hole, assuming you know what that is.
    A bowl with a hole big enough to not get clogged all the time, but small enough that you're not getting scooby snacks (ash in your mouth, or worse the cherry!)
    Although a screen would easily fix the problem.
    That's all really.
    Actually one that's not too small, they tend to get really hot sometimes.

3. Thick glass..double blown or inside out or whatever the fuck they call it and I like dichro in my pieces..frit pieces are pretty cool too

4. Thick glass so if you drop it,it doesn't break.

5. Ok thanks guys!

6. if you are going to a LHS, ask to handle the piece.
    feel for the weight.
    look at mouthpiece for thickness.
    examine bowl size.
    pick whatever you like.

just dont buy a shitty metal pipe.

7. when it finds you:cool:

8. The price :D
    Btw can I put water in my pipe so it works like a bong?

9. [quote name='"stoned42"']The price :D
    Btw can I put water in my pipe so it works like a bong?[/quote]

No thats what a bong is for or a bubbler

10. Yh but lets say I put water in would it work or what would happen?

11. [quote name='"stoned42"']
    Yh but lets say I put water in would it work or what would happen?[/quote]

I said I would stay away but can't resist :devious: you'll just suck all the water into your mouth and it will taste like shit

12. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']

I said I would stay away but can't resist :devious: you'll just suck all the water into your mouth and it will taste like shit[/quote]

Rez soaked water eww.

13. Everythings worth a try :smoke:

14. Not that haha

15. Go for it..... Come back with results. Might actually work

16. Haha I actually ended up just doing it now, it was all good but when I poured out the water it was yellow :L

17. Yup have done :D

18. I really don't want to call you a troll again but unless you have a bubbler there is no way that worked. It's impossible dude. Post a pic of your piece. You either
    A.) have a bubbler and don't know
    B.) are lying

19. [quote name='"stoned42"']
    Haha I actually ended up just doing it now, it was all good but when I poured out the water it was yellow :L[/quote]

Did it bubble cuz I thought part of the glass has to be under water to bubble?

20. Comfort. Bowl size per application desired. Efficacy.

I go for stone rather than glass. I felt the pain of all my friends when they invariably destroyed their glass utensils.

Thing about stone is, though, you'll only get a good one if it's hand made. And you'll know whether or not it's hand made by how many just like it there are, and whether or not it's "perfect." Human hands are ordinarily incapable of perfection.