What to do with undergrowth trimmings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StayRipped, Nov 22, 2012.

1. So I trimmed my undergrowth today at 3 weeks 12/12 basically trimmed what I knew wouldnt produce anything worth growing.

What should I do with my trimmings?? The buds are obviously premature so I wasn't sure if I should just make some hash or try to dry it n smoke it

2. you could dry it out and smoke it then you will see how crappy premature buds are, you could try and make hash from it if you have enough of the stuff then you will see how crappy premature bud are,, you could make it into cana butter and make a cake or put on your toast, and you will see how crappy premature buds are,, all in all no matter what you do your never going to get the strength in it that it would have had if left to finish

3. Hash or edibles.

4. Do I need to dry and cure before making hash?

5. I never take those little branches off because the hash that comes from those is amazing in the end. I personally don't believe taking a branch off the bottom is gonna make the branch up top any better. Your just losing the bottom branch and yeah they won't be as nice they'll be popcorn a. I have nothing against popcorns. And neither do all the friends who get me for free or smoke the bomb hashisha

6. Yes dry it out completely. When the plant dries that's when your psychoactive chemicals develope. Wet ganja don't do shit. I'm sure it does SOMETHING but not like the dried stuff. It should be dry before making hash. Weirdo is the easiest too. I made Weiss a bunch of times and it was amazing.

7. Wow. I hate this phone. I meant QWISO not friggin weirdo. Lmao.
    QWISO is sooo easy to make. Dry shit goes into a jar. You pour isopropyl alcohol through it into the jar. Shake it for thirty seconds max. Then pour it through a coffee filter into another jar. At that point you have a golden liquid pour the liquid onto a dinner plate or glass baking jar and twenty four hours later the Isoprpyl has evaporated leaving hash oil that's the consistency of peanut butter. It's so awesome. Strong as all hell too.
    Make sure the iso is 99%

8. Haha I thought that's what you meant. I've made it before with Vaped bud. Actually still have some hash from it.

I wasn't going to trim the bottom branches just wanted to experiment since this is only my 2nd grow. The main reason I decided to trim is because one of my CFLs fell on a top and burnt both my plants, one of the tops.(not the main top because I LSTd it)

9. #9 Doc-J, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    [quote name='"StayRipped"']

Do I need to dry and cure before making hash?[/quote]

I don't, I just chop the trim up and fill a quart jar. A lot of people use fresh trim. I will leave that in the freezer until I get done trimming, then add alcohol and soak for a day or two. Rather than ISO, I prefer using 195 proof pga.

10. I just throw them away at 3 weeks

11. atlast someone realises that what we are dealing with here is 3 week old bud very bottom of the plant bud, that has no trichs or usefull trimmings who aint going to build the lost city of Atlantis from it or be able to mortgage there homes to relocate somewhere nice on the moon

12. Just get off if your gonna be negative about it. Go cry some where else

13. u need to get real my friend im not being negative or crying bout anything,, your asking how to make certain things out of a plants lower bud sites that are all but 3 weeks old, calling them trimmings and want to make hash from it,, get a grip it aint going to happen

14. You Act like it can't be done when we all know it can. I was asking what I should do with them. I already cut them I'm not just gonna throw it away

15. what are you dealing with here one plants lower bud sites that are 3 weeks old, that you have cut off and called them trimmings and now set out on making hash with them,, hey knock yourself out man dont be so sensitive but come back after youv done what you are going to do and tell me how much of a waist it was,, I think people are just entertaining you here on what they do when there plants are infact ready,, best advice you got was to either bin it or just leave em on, I aint about to start telling you go for it and do this and do that because I dont get down that way just to appease your question, im a realest and realests know that 3 week old bud aint worth nothing, if you dont like to hear that then thats tuff but if it was me id take it on the chin and understand where the other person was coming from, we want dank we dont want 3 week old bud that promices you the world

16. Considering the alcohol is 99 cents and it will take about 2 minutes of my life it will most likely be worth it. It probably would have just died my girls are pretty bushy I didn't even know some of these branches were there until I went to chop them