Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what to do with trim??

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sm0keyjoe, Nov 29, 2012.

1. hey recently ive had about 5 oz of trim from a northern lights crop (not mine) and ive used a keif box to shake out all the kief just wondering what i should do with the rest of the trim tried to make a bit of cannaoil with it not sure about measurements i just chucked it in then poured oil just above the trim. it tasted like shit like really bad i was gagging and im not one to gag over food and didnt have much effect i didnt decarb it so maybe thats why. so yeah if anyone has some suggestions thought about bho and iso hash but didnt wanna spend the money if i will get little yield?

2. I'd go with BHO over Iso if you got 5 oz. The potency and yield will be a little less than if you used 5 oz of nugs but I ran a little under an oz of trim the other day for the first time and got a solid .6-.7 of some pretty decent oil. I'd imagine with 5oz you'd get a lot more.

Afterwards we took the taned bud and tried to make some cannabutter with it but it ended up pretty weak so I wouldn't really recommend it seing as the butane chemically extracts a significant portion of the THC from the trim.

3. i make butter. Boil some water, add some butter, add ground up trim. Water keeps the oils from going above 212 degrees and vaporizing your cannaboids. Boil for an hour, pour in a container to cool in the fridge. Next day remove your butter from the top. The water holds most of the nasty tasting stuff, and the butter holds just the goodies. Bake some cookies or just make toast.

4. well thats what i thought the butane is cheaper as well i can get 6 cans of newport for £10 5 liters of iso is the same but was £8 P&P. but id say ill get a more potent oil from butane because its completly non-polar. thanks dude i think ive made my mind up over butane or iso.

abit skeptical about doing any more edibles as it tasted rank but does the having the water in take away that nasty taste and does that mean you scoop the butter of the top of the water when its done?

5. May i ask how much you paid for the trimming? As I've previously tried buying it from someone who was expecting Alot more then an end product would of been worth in Hash to me

6. well i actually got this for free and it was a big old bag i know someone who works with someone on a big grow so i occasionally get a chance to get some the time before that i got about an oz and paid a tenner for it thats the only guy i know if you can find a grower that isnt greedy he will more than likey give you it or charge little amount i mean the guy who grows normally just burns it and the lad i know said fuck that ill take it lol you will have to ask around for someone who can get it cheap. i wouldnt pay more than £30 for any amount of trim

7. I have a buddy that sells me these untrimmed popcorn nugs/ shake and i just boil it in the oil for 15-45 mins and make brownies. Use about an oz or more each batch and you'll find yourself feeling good eating one, Smoke on!

8. I'd love to do that :) how do you determine dosage?

put in 10 servings worth of weed and use 1/10 of the butter I guess

guy abodes question: 20 an oz of trim tops.

9. You should make some butter! Making BHO or QWISO is only worth it if your skills are refined, but hey it never hurts to get better!

10. Did you use an extraction tube? what was the method that yielded that solid half gram also how many cans were required, I've got ozs of trim I wanna run but my tube extraction method could use some refining