What to do with our new present?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by xtremesupershhh, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Hello all. First of all, I'd like to say hello to everyone in the community!

So, here's where I'm at:

I've recently come into possession of my very own plant. By the looks of it, it is in week 2 or 3 of vegging. However, my partner and I were given this plant before we really had the opportunity to evaluate our condo for its potential to grow.

The only place I'm thinking that would be possible is the closet in the guest bed room. The closet is 3 feet wide, 2 feet long, and 6 feet tall (it's 6 feet until a shelf, and then there is more space from the shelf to the roof). However, we are on the second story of a three story building. That, coupled with the fact that we're renting this apartment leads me to believe that I'll be limited in drilling into the wall for ventilation (However, the owner of our condo NEVER comes into the place and we have a year long lease, so I suppose I'd be willing to do projects that I could cover up before we eventually move out). Also, I'd be willing to buy a used door to use for the closet and just replace the original before I move. The door to the guest bedroom is always closed, and has no foot traffic (other than me and my partner) through it.

I'm including pictures of where the plant is at now, what it's currently in, and the light I'm currently using. It's a 60w equivalent CFL bulb (13 watt CFL, produces 900 lumen). I know that this isn't NEARLY enough light to expect any kind of decent growth, but it's the only thing I currently have and I'm just looking to keep it alive now. The plant was given to us by long time growers, and we were told that it's a roughly 50/50 equal sativa/indica hybrid. I know no details about the soil, but a) I assume it's good since the people who gave it to us have been doing this for a while and b) I could find out if it's really that important.

We've had the plant for about a week and a half, and we've watered it once. The water included an eighth of a teaspoon of nutrients (MiracleGrow). We've kept it on an 18-6 light schedule: 18 hours of light from the bulb outside the closet, and 6 hours of darkness in the closet.

I have very little experience growing, but I've read a decent amount on growing. However, I really do need some help figuring out what kind of set-up I should have. There are a few grow shops in this city, so I shouldn't have any problems finding materials I might need, and I have a budget of $100-200. I realize I may have to transport my plant into its own self-contained micro-grow, but I wanted to see if I could do anything out of the closet since I'd have more space there.

Also, I currently have 5 different ropes of outdoor LED lights. I've never seen these practically used in a grow, but I have seen that certain people use LEDs for grow lights. Could I string these up around the walls of the closet as a supplemental light, or would it just not be worth it?

Thank you all very much for taking the time to read this and for your help!

The Plant.
    [​IMG]

Current, temporary set-up
    [​IMG]

Door to the hallway, outside of closet.
    [​IMG]

Inside of the closet
    [​IMG]

Top half of the closet
    [​IMG]

2. Oh wow, sorry everyone. This definitely should have gone in "Grow Room Design/Set-up."