What to do with leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by swaggrows, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Just wanted to know what the people of grasscity did with there leaves when they trim there plants. I know there's ways to make hash from your leaves and I've heard of others who use it for tea. So what do you guys do?

2. I make ice water hash, look up the guide on youtube, its quite good. try it out sometime.

3. Smear them all over myself with peanut butter.

Nah hash is the way forward.

4. I often simmer them in cooking oil for use in edibles (I strain it through a coffee filter so I don't get plant matter in my food) or I make silk screen hash. Here is a good video on making silk screen hash:

5. bubble hash good old ice and water and trichomes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bubble bagssss lol

6. I turn mine into compost

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

7. my stems and fan leaves, basically anything without trichomes is fed to my worms and eventually turned in to EWC.

All my trim is dried and made in to hash via IWE. Have a look here to see how I do it http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/13...

This is my lump of hash I made a few weeks back

[​IMG]

8. I've started feeding them to the rabbit now and feed the rabbit poop to the worms. Saves cash and the rabbit seems to like the stems a fair bit.

9. I love that idea. I bet that speeds the process up a lot. I sometimes feed some leaves to my bearded dragons because they like them, but I don't keep their poop because it stinks lol. Plus it could have some nasty bacteria in it. Rabbit manure sounds great though

10. I use fan leaves in smoothies with coconut milk and some orange or citrus juice. Just strain away the leaf matter, it's unpleasant to swallow. It gives you a nice body buzz and is an amazing pain reliever.

11. ISO hash oil...big fan leaves go in the garbage or toilet ( they don't have enough THC / CBD to make it worth using isopropyl alcohol to extract )

12. I throw the fan leaves out. The most crystallized leaves that's r cut I blast and make shatter.

13. Can you walk me through your method? I tried alcohol about 15 years ago and I just made a mess, it put me off. I use ice water extraction now, and although it's easy, it's very wasteful

14. What do you mean when you say "you blast them"?

15. #15 SativaDreams, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Never made it either but i think that he is talking about heating it up with a butane torch...to evap the alcohol...dangerous stuff i hear an electric skillet and lots of fresh air is the way to go

16. Blasting is the general term for 'blasting' cans of butane through the product to create BHO. :)

17. Ahh right, that makes sense. That's another thing I have never tried. Butane is so volatile, it puts me off. I don't even like sucking on my bong using a lighter flame lighting it, I use a hemp wick.

18. You definately aren't the only one!

19. I've wanted to try dry ice, but when seeing others do it, it looks so messy, trichomes flying through the air everywhere lol. I'll definitely try it one day though